ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, April 27, 2007


WOO-HOO!


Ahh, the sun is shining! The weather is sweet!

Summer is here, and that means goodbye this, and hello this. Sheer bliss.

Okay okay, I'm not on E don't worry, I'll calm down now.
I'm just really happy and positive.

I had my exam on Tuesday...I really don't know how I've done, but it went a lot better than it could have done, and much better than the last one...so fingers crossed.
God I'll be so upset if I've failed.

And even still there's no let up on the work what with needing to revise/just vise ALL of the past two terms worth of work as well as learning all the new stuff from this term.

But I don't care.
I'm still really happy.
I have great friends to get through it with, a set group to live with next year, and a "crew" I actually feel I really belong to.

And to top it off, there's a possible romance interest to explore.
And I've realised that this is just my first year at uni, I (hopefully will) have 5 more years to go (if I pass the exams!) of student life, in the BEST city in the country.


Three things I want to talk about at the mo:

a) The crew
b) The friend A
c) Something I need help with


a)
After the exam most people went to this all you can eat birthday thing, or began to do more work (weirdos!), but I thought I deserved a break and so went to my friends halls near Caledonian Road.
6 of them live there, 3 boys and 3 girls. Although it's so far from uni they are really lucky because they've bonded so well because of it and live in flats so have a lounge-kitchen area between 5 bedrooms, with sky channels.
It was so fun to sit in V and Es lounge and just chill with them, and they're all so lovely and genuine.
I rang E when I got there and she let me into the building and took me up to the flat she shares with V, and then as soon as the others heard I was there, one by one they all came up.

After about an hour we went to this amazing Sheesha/Cocktail bar on Heddon Street called Momo's.
Ornately and traditionally decorated in Morrocan style, with random customers belly-dancing, and others clapping along to the fantastic arabic music. A great atmosphere.
The kind of thing I like.

We stayed there till midnight because we'd agreed to get the last tube, and they wouldn't let me get the bus alone so I hopped onto the Piccadilly line in the opposite direction after saying goodbye. They had wanted me to go back to their place to have a celebratory piss-up but I didn't have any of my stuff and plus it would have been detrimental to the early-start-hard-work plan I had in place for the next day.

They're all really fun, nice and decent people, and we seem to have a lot in common. I'm really looking forward to living with the guys (Su, N and T) next year.
Su is looking to buy a house for next year, and E has already bought a house where she and V will live with 2 others. The other girl, So, one of my best friends from my tutorial group, is planning to live at home, though I wish she wouldn't.

b)
My best friend, A, surprised me the other day. I guess both of us have matured and grown after leaving school, probably him more so what with being in Hong Kong, working and living alone, and getting into a proper (sexual) relationship.

We'd been exchanging emails in order to keep up with each others lives and a few things he had said had annoyed me. But we'd also been talking about the strengths of our friendship and honesty.

At first the annoyance made me worry about how he was going to come to the same uni as me next year and how I'd come as my own person from home, to build a new life here in London and forge new friendships being who I am, but that that might all change with him coming and how it'd affect my friends and my space.

It was after that I realised that he will be wanting to do all those things too, and with the difference in years and timetables, we won't see each other that much.

As we'd been talking about honesty, I told him the things that had annoyed me, but unlike when we were younger, it didn't cause any arguments and no one got in a mard.
Instead he held his hand up to it and admitted that he did do it and explained why and that he didn't mean to.
I was surprised and glad and it made me value him so much more.

He seems to think that I've grown so much more since being at uni, though from my own outlook it's hard to tell. Have I?

I certainly have gone through new experiences and learnt how to deal with them, and I think I've become stronger and more confident.

Infact I know I've become more confident because I'm happy and looking forward to doing a certain something in the near future that I'd never have done last year...no matter how much I'd have wanted to, because of being to scared.

c)
I need help.
I'm going to have to tell my friend soon that I really don't want to live with him and the other two guys that I hardly even know or have anything in common with next year.
Obviously he's going to take it badly.
But how should I do it? I know over the phone is not noble...but it is easy. A
And if he gets angry, should I?

God I hate confrontation...


1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    It's best to pull the Band-Aid off real quick. Lots of pain, but it will subside shortly after, no need to prolong it. You should be be polite, yet honest with your friend who you don't want to live with next year.

    But just cause you don't feel you have anything in common with these guys now doesn't mean you won't grow into strong friendships later. Especially when you're forced to live together. It could be fun! Or it could turn into the worst year of your life.

    I say, be bold, and move in with the group of guys even if they are 100% the opposite of your personality and temperment. At the very least it will insure there will never be a dull moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home