ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007


I've done it.


I've found my song for the summer.

After what has been a shockingly long time, and with a teeny weeny bit of cheating I have the perfect track.

I say cheating, because the track is not on official release, and was actually recorded months ago on BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge however, it's now one of the tracks on the new album by the legend that is Mark Ronson - Versions.

The track I'm talking about is Amy Winehouse's cover of the Zutons track "Valerie".

You can here a live (and amazing) version here.

I can already imagine sitting in the afternoon summer sun, with a strawberry and cream frappaccino, lazing around, while listening to this.

Bliss.



In other news...

Easter was egg-less. I know. I'm still shell-shocked. (Haha....god I crack myself up...haha again!)
But seriously.
No one got me an egg.

I bought some rather cool sunglasses. They're all black and one big chunky thing that wraps around my face.

I'm still at home, revising, being tortured, suffering, hating it. I hate exams.
The only things that are getting me through it are The Apprentice, and Ugly Betty (both **SO** good).
Although did you see UB last friday?
We were really pissed off because my aunty rang halfway through with the threat, "haven't seen you guys in a while, and [Azuric's] back, either you come over, or we'll come over", so we were forced to tape it and watch it the next day.
I mean, what is everyone's obsession with seeing me? I'm not like some Hollywood movie star that's just rolled into town.
Anyway, back to the Betty - what the hell kind of ridiculous twist ending was that?!

Another thing that's getting me through it is my favourite song and my "track of the year". I've already posted about it but I LOVE the Groove Armada - Get Down track SO SO SO much. Everytime it comes on the Radio I jump up, turn up the volume and dance around my room waving my head around like the Churchill Dog.
It's so so damn good...if only I could understand what she was saying.

And finally...

should you meet/go on a date with someone with whom the conversation doesn't exactly flow, and whom you dont immediately find physically that attractive?

Right, now I'm going back to Action Potential propagation.
Sexy stuff.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:27 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Hurrah! At last something that isn't this.

    No eggs? Not even real ones? You must be distraught. Said he safe in the knowledge I've finished mine so I can't be guilt tripped into generosity. Ever the gentleman.

    Date: Er, it depends what the date is; will you be doing something you wouldn't otherwise be likely to do? Stuttering conversations mean little, but I think the lack of spark probably will seriously limit any romantic potential.

    What answer did you want?

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Paolo and John and various others weren't "that". And what the hell is that? Where and how did you find it?

    Nope, none at all. Though several teeny boxes of Lindt Lindor Red are doing a spiffingly good compensatatory job.

    Date: Well, if I go I wont be in the library...if that's what you mean.
    And I don't know, which is why I asked.
    Half of me is saying go, if just for going, and the other half is saying don't waste your time.

    Oh and it's your serve by the way...

     
  • At 11:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Also...does this mean you approve of this years Azuric's sound for the Summer"?

    Shock horror.

    What a coincidence - as I typed the above, Dodgy - Good Enough came on.

     
  • At 7:06 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Oh, I just got handed some of those today. Do yours come with a threat? The red Lindor things that is.

    The that is something mentioned in the Guardian Guide (how cutting edge am I? I think that's one up from finding in a Reader's Digest at the dentist). Strangely, I thought it was the guy from Hadouken! at first. As for what it is, I think it's either an attack on the now ubiquitous shameless marketing gimmick (only how many years after Ali G?), or possibly an attempt to latch onto the same bandwagon while claiming to despise it.

    You know that linked-to place has an entire live album? Well... it's actually quite good.

    Date: If the choice is library or date then go. But I meant, are you going to just eat somewhere or to do something interesting or unusual (something which you wouldn't be likely to do without the prompting of this as yet strangely gender-neutral person).

    WV: aguca
    A bitter fruited tree.

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And your threat is?

    The only other person I know who reads/has a copy of on his coffee table is my (occasionally immensely boring) uncle Richard.

    :O Do NOT diss Hadouken! in my presence. And well done on remembering the compulsary "!".

    Date: Well probably just a coffee so nothing interesting/unusual though I'm now wondering how that makes a difference. Feel free to explain with the ball that's still in your court if need be.

    And as for the SGN person, well what can I say, obscure by name, obscure by nature.

     
  • At 7:27 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Hmm, I've got an occasionally immensely boring uncle called Richard too; I wonder if it's the same person? Does Dick do The Guide or Reader's Digest?

    The threat's on the packet (see Flickr).

    Was that a diss? (Oh how I do so hate that word - so reminiscent of dissertation).

    Date diff: If [s]he's taking you bungee jumping or to Carnegie Hall then that would reasonably make the date more enticing and hence up the chances of you going. Coffee sounds a bit meh.

    By nature means that you're also blue (and thus related to Krishna?).

     
  • At 8:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He does the guide. Though I doubt any longer as they live in the US now.

    Diss: Yeah, that guy "ain't got nuffin" on Hadouken!

    Date: I don't think I'm being taken anywhere, because that makes it sound like it's all on them. I think it'd probably be more mutual. And I think it's just going to be a coffee. As first dates go, I think bungee jumping would be diving in a little fast (haha).

    PS I'm in need of some interesting reading, preferably about you and what you've been upto since like...ages.

    Spill it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home