ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

RadioRant

So, having to run a few errands, including collecting a book i'd ordered from Waterstones, [who hadn't bothered to tell me it had arrived and had i not rung up myself to enquire i wouldn't even have known it had arrived - what a great service] i found myself in town early this morning.

On the way back to the car i walk by Topman, and see the "SALE" sign.
Hmmmm, should i really? Meh, okay...
Didn't take much persuasion, in i went. I bagged a few bargains too, 2 plain basic Tees [one salmon pink and one turquoise] and a shirt [black avec blue et white stripes] for £14 - avec NUS, i was tres impressed.
And it wasn't only the clothes that were pleasing, eye-candy sales assistant a la counter gave good service. ;-)

In the car on the way home, radio debate breaks out...
A crap song came on radio1 and so my sister changed to radio4.She's been trying to convert me to listening to that in the mornings instead of Chris Moyles, even going as far as to break into my room and secretly change my hi-fi alarm settings.

And so this spawned debate about the quality of radio.
Radio1 as she put it is "bimbo radio" and i guess she has a point in that it provides entertainment but doesn't teach you anything. NewsBeat is shameful, more of a "pathetic pulse" compared to the quality of news and journalism delivered on 4, they think its funny to get the news details wrong and report such trivial crap without any detail, what's the point?

I regularly listen to Chris and Scott on radio uno, because i know im going to be entertained. Moyles is funny with his arrogant and 'tell it how it is' attitude which can sometimes be controversial. And Mills has hilarious features which serve the purpose of keeping you entertained on the way home.

However, JK and Joel - what are they about? Radio1s resident buffoons. Not big. Not clever. Not funny.
And im still warming up to Vernon also, his "Lie-in" on Sunday morns is great, but otherwise he's quite bland. Oh and i detest the thing he does with Brian Dowling. I cant stand him, he idiotically plays up to his stereotype, its just embarrassing. And the things he says...
He was on one time talking with Vernon about the possible candidates for the host of something or another and Vernon says how someone has 'put their line in the ring' (ie nominated themselves for it) to which, Brian replies 'oooh, i wish he'd put his line in my ring!'
How disgusting, that going out on national radio1 at lunchtime on an apparently 'family' show. Gay or straight, graphic sexual comments like that shouldn't be made then or there. Hes not doing himself any favours, prat.

After i got home and had lunch, most of the afternoon was spent cleaning the whole house - there's a cardio work out and a half! At about 6 my sister and i drove over to my cousins house as it was my nephews birthday [In Indian culture cousins are the same as siblings so your cousins children are referred to as your nephews/nieces].

Upon seeing me my youngest nephew cries out "Hey!" and gives me a running jumping rugby tackle hug. They are both so cute, and the youngest is so funny and cheeky, like a little monkey. Its nice being "looked up to", having grown up looking up to others, and now being the "older trendy" uncle. Actually, scratch that last bit, im to young to be called "uncle" - eww!
The boys had friends over which meant they were upstairs worshiping their mini PS2s, and so my sister and i spent the evening with my cousin and her husband [ our brother-in-law by Indian definition], which was really nice seeing as we haven't done anything like that before.

We left at about 11.30 and now im here, blogging and lulling off to sleep, so im going to sign off,
Nighty night.

Whilst writing this post, i was flicking between:
Buddha Bar 5
Motown Soul!
Kanye West - Late Registration
(oh i didn't know Kanye did a song with Adam Levine of Maroon5 - je l'aime. When is their next album coming out?)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sure Topman do that whole cute assistant thing to bring people in. I've been caught out before :)

    When it comes to radio, I found myself levitating towards Radio 2 because there are so many part of Radio 1 that I dislike and only a few that I do. At home there's a local station that is perfect for me most of the time, which surprises me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home