ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So This Is University Life...


Okay, screw everything that happened last week because I've forgotten most of it and it can't be that important/interesting.
What's important is the now.

I can't believe I've been here a week and a half now, it's just flown by.

At the moment my mood is happy, I'm feeling good. Going to Medics Badminton tonight but not to the Hammersmith Palais after as I want a good nights sleep before the Medics Ball tomorrow night at Pacha - that night will hopefully be bombastic.
I'm excited too that the 2nd years will be there.
I had a good msn chat today with my medic uncle, he's so nice and helpful, and has promised to give me "The Magic CD" - which contains the legendary 3 sets of notes needed to ace the year.

I'm always okay during the nights when its busy and I know there's something to do or somewhere to go but feel a little down during the day sometimes.
I guess it's because this place still isn't "home" and these friends aren't "friends" yet.
But as I said, it's only been 11 days so far and I shouldn't expect things to feel normal yet.
I was told that you adapt and get used to it and everything settles 3 weeks in so I'll see where things go.

I felt really upset on Sunday night because I'd had such a fantastic weekend celebrating my sisters birthday with our cousins and her friends and then when they had to go and leave me it felt quite crappy.
We went clubbing on Saturday night in Camden at a place she'd put us all on the guestlist for and it was great - she got absolutely plastered after a "lethal combination" - the most alcoholic drink they served right after tequila shots, plus all the other drinks people were buying her.
And I got very "tipsy" too.
Infact it was the second time in that week and in my life ever that I drunk so much that I felt that if I had any more I might be sick.
And I'm very proud of that fact that that's never happened to me. It was also the night certain texts were sent.

Oh and I've just remembered - I did have chicken!

After the club we went to get some food in a fast food place and then waited 17 years for a licenced cab but couldnt get one and so settled for an unlicenced one. Naughty us.
By the time we got back to South Ken it was 4 am. CK, my sister, and I made noodles in my kitchen before finally getting to bed at about 5 am

At about 8 am it was a case of 3 in a bed and the little one said need water, need water, so we all got out and looked at the photos from the night before while my sister drank and my cousin ate. Then it was back to bed till midday and at 2 pm we had lunch with CD

After lunch they left to meet to drop CK at Euston to get a train back home and then to meet with everyone for Kareoke and dinner.

I couldn't go as I had my formal dinner at my halls.

Uni life is fun, and so very different, and I'm sure it will be comforting when the work starts and I have regularity too.

This weekend CK, CD, a friend, and moi are going to see Russell Peters so that should be really good.

The friday after that I'm going home for Diwali.
I'm looking forward to it and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not.

It will be good to see my parents though. I miss them and my friends. It's like going to a new school, and at the same time going to a new home.

There are a few people I've started to gel with and I've also moved away from J and D which has made me feel better.
Thats a bad thing to say because they are so nice and do look out for me, and they were both saying how they haven't seen me much these days but I'm not 100% the same as them and don't really enjoy going out with their group and the things they do.

Anyway I'm so tired and need to wake up before badminton and wow, wasn't this a feeling splurge and a half!


2 Comments:

  • At 5:52 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Amazing!

    I can almost hear the excitment in your voice! You sound so happy.

    I've been absent, but very busy, and feeling a little under the weather tonight, I haven't been keeping up. How things have changed, and for the better!

    Good luck babe, with everything!

    Post more pics!

     
  • At 11:44 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    Badminton! Never had you down as the sporting type, Azuric! Who knows, now that I'm writing for the London Student sport section, I might end up covering one of your games : )


    xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home