ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Monday, March 26, 2007


Arrrrghhhh!!

Dear God Medicine is SOO HARD!

Stupid Kreb's cycle.
And Glycolysis.
There are TEN different reactions getting from Glucose to Pyruvate. Each of which I have to know, along with the enzyme catalysing it.

How ridiculous is that.

I know I should be doing revision at the moment, but I cant bring myself to do it.

And I've been really bad today, I've done nothing. I got up late because I was having a really good dream which sort of carried on for a bit even when I woke up (yes, it was that good).

And after that I had to go to town because it was AT's birthday. We went to ASK.
It was fun, catching up with school friends, etc etc.
Then before I came home I went around shops in town job-hunting for the summer.
Basically I have to drop my CV in everywhere and see what happens.

It's so annoying, I wish I could live in London over the summer, there is nowhere to work here but plenty of vacancies there.
I just want some cash!

I went into Topman, and the very cute sales assistant told me that they'd just had a recruitment evening and all positions had been filled. How annoying.

And it's alarming that certain people with NO people skills, who can't even communicate properly can get jobs, and I can't.
Newsflash chav in GAP, "wot?!" is no way to address your customer.

As I was walking up the road from the bus stop to home, I noticed that there were two girls walking in the opposite direction, towards me, and thought it was unusual as it's a private cul-de-sac, and to my knowledge they don't live here.
Anyway as we approached, I looked to see who they were, as they did the same, and no sooner had we passed, did they wolf-whistle me.

Why thankyou.

We had a clean out of the garage and my room at the weekend.
I'm so bad with clothes. I have some sort of unsustainable addiction to shopping. I have a pile of old clothes as high as my bed to give away/eBay because they no longer fit or I never wear them anymore.

I wish there was some sort of actual marketplace to trade old crap for shiny new clothes.

Anyway, I have to go now and read lectures on Metabolism and Genetics - the two most shittyest topics ever.

What has been good though, is that my sister tests me every night.
She's really good, and she enjoys it because it's so interesting and we both learn funky words like Pyknosis.

I also heard some shocking/exciting news about A.
Well actually I heard it from N, who swore not to tell anyone, but I'm an exception obviously, and A would have told me anyway, so he couldn't be mad.

Eugh, I'm so jealous.
I can't wait for him to come back (only 2 months left now).

Next year is going to be so amazing...if I actually get in.

Back to the books.



Whilst writing this post, I was listening to Paolo Nuttini - New Shoes. Chooone!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:24 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Kreb's is wonderful. Especially when you dream of it. Was that your wonderful dream?

    What was the news of A?

    And are you spending any day that isn't an exam at home?

    WV: pgsossq
    Square postgrad emergency? Sounds like me.

     
  • At 12:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kreb's is not. And strangely no, it wasn't my wonderful dream.

    Like the news of A, that's something better left to tennis (if you know what I mean).

    And yep, pretty much. Although I'm going to be nice to myself and get out a bit when I need a break.
    Yep, this is going to be one bitch of a month.

    On the plus side though, I just learnt ALL TEN of those reactions!

    Like stage 4: The Fructose 1,6-Bisphosphate ring, under the action of Aldolase, breaks down into Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate and Dihydroxyphoshoacetone.
    The Dihydroxyacetone then undergoes subsequent isomerisation under the action of Triose Phosphate isomerase (stage 5) to give another molecule of Glyceraldehyde 3-Phosphate.

    Get in!

    LOL @ WV. You're not a square.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home