ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007


It's 1:36 am.

I have a crunchie and a can of magic next to me.

I should be revising Thromboembolisms and reflecting on today's session cutting up Ethel's abdomnen.

But whilst revising 2 songs came on that touched me.

Both reminded me of the end of last Summer, the preparation to come to Uni, and the anticipation, worry, and excitement of what this new chapter of life would bring.

The first - The Guillemot's Trains to Brazil made me feel really sad, and I had to change the track.
It's such a beautiful song, and I don't know why it made me sad but I just can't listen to it.

I think it reminds me of leaving school, friends, and a life that although I was tiring of, was comfortable. All the memories, and also the anticipation of Uni.

The second - Michael Gray's Borderline made me feel really happy.
I remember last year it was my "coming to London track" (for the video obviously), and it then was a symbol of the excitement, independence, freedom and fun to come at Uni, a new start, and in the BEST city in the world.

Both of them made me realise that I'm really settled and happy here now.
To tell the truth even in the second term I hadn't completely settled but now in this third term, I've got housemates, decent friends, and walking around the streets I just keep thinking - this is normal everyday life, I live here, this is my future.

Also, I told my mate about not wanting to live with him and the others and he took it so amazingly well, it was quite a surprising relief.

And finally,

I'm going here...


and here.

F U C -h's-endothelial-dystrophy I hope I pass my exams!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home