ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, August 10, 2006


Yesterday was the third Hip-hop dance lesson.
Hard, again.
After the warm-up we recapped the Amerie track and went through it a few times, which made up most of the hour, and then moved on to a new routine to a lovely Missy Elliott track, beautifully named "She's a bitch".

The dance style to this track is much better in my oppinion.
It's called Crumping (or Krumping) and is much more relaxed and freestyled than the sharp must-be-perfect (and so so very hard) Amerie track.

Infact it's so clever how the dance styles match the songs so precisely.
The beats on the Amerie track dictated the dance to be equally sharp, but the rounded bass (
there is a difference between bass and beats) on the Missy track allow the dance to be a little more flowwy.

So that was that, and that was a lot of fun.

In other news, I quit my job.
I really hated it, and I know I've done the right thing.
I'd much rather spend my last Summer at home relaxing and with my friends and family having fun, than feeling nauseous everytime I thought about work.

Except the feelings havent gone completely, as I don't think they were just down to work.
My exam results are out next week, and I think the feelings are subconsciously down to the worry of what the results will be, and also a slow subconscious realisation that I'm going to be moving away from home, my family, and all of my friends.

Everything just seems really hollow at the moment. Like I'm living life, but not really feeling it. It's hard to explain. I guess it's because I've hardly seen anyone recently, and I suspect everything will change after next week.

After that, hopefully uni stuff will start to happen along with all the fun celebrating.
I should find out (if at all) where I'll be living in London in September, and will have to move in at the end of that month.
I'm hoping to go to London for a weekend before that though, to stay with my cousin and to explore a bit.
It's new for both of us, and I've never actually properly spent a weekend in Central London.

I spoke to A for quite a while last night, had a catch-up as we've not spoken in a ages. He was sad and a little stressed about moving to Hong Kong (he's going there for 6 months of his GAP year but has leave at the begining of September).
I think he was crying at one point but I couldn't quite tell.
It will be daunting at first no doubt, but I'm sure he'll settle in quicky and love it then [Why is Thom Yorke moan-purring at me?].

Infact, being the kind of person he is, I know he'll be fine.
He's a lot more out-going and laid-back than I am. Annoyingly I tend to worry more about things. It's something that my mum has instilled in both my sister and I.
It's weird, he tells me he's envious of my social skills and "how I can just talk to anybody", but I can only do that with people I know.
I'm usually a shy person on first meeting someone, whereas he isn't at all.

He was also thinking [oh my god, I love Thom Yorke] that I'd forget about him which is so not true. And plus, I'll be going to stay for a week just before Christmas (thankyou Lufthansa, thankyou Expedia, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou).

Another thing we talked about was other people we know going to London and even the same university as us. And we both agreed that it was good that we were both going to the same uni but him coming a year later as it gave us both our own space (something I was really pleased about). Uni will be a whole new section of life, and a fresh new start and it will be so much easier to go by myself with no one else I know so that I can really be myself [And it rained all night - my favourite track. Love this album].

I wish I could grab a giant remote control and press the fast forward button. I want to get to September 30th now.
Now! *Jumps up and down impatiently*

I want to find out what it's like now.
I want to meet new people and go to new places.
I want to walk out of my door in the morning and find myself in London!
I want the need to possess an OysterCard.
I want to find out if it's really all it's cracked up to be, and if it will provide me with the things I'm looking for.
But then again, maybe it's not a good idea to go somewhere looking for something. Maybe it's just better to sit back, relax, and let things come to you?

I guess I should just wait and see if I even have to cross that bridge.

Afterall, it's only one week away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home