ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Monday, October 23, 2006




Last weekend was so much fun, very busy, and er...strange.

I got back to Leicester at 4.10pm-ish on Friday and it was while waiting for my sister to pick me up that I noticed for the first time that winter is on the way.
The weather was awful, cold, windy and wet. So far in London it's been warm generally.

Anyway, Friday happened to be Kali Chaudas (Black Day) - our version of Halloween and the second day of Diwali.
On this day Hindus pray to the Goddess Kali to banish evil from their homes and no one tends to leave their houses after dark apart from to perform a ritual at the nearest cross-roads (or in the back garden in our case) to lure out the evil from our homes.

The first thing I noticed as we pulled up in the drive was that my dad and sister had put up the Diwali/Christmas/New Years/February lights up.
I was surprised that they did because my dad is never normally bothered and its always me pushing everyone to do anything celebratory.

It's so weird going home when you don't live there anymore.
My room just seemed so clean, bare, and empty.
The rest of the house was just the same and I only realised how much I'd missed things when I noticed them again. Especially the house at Diwali time.

And now for a totally random change of subject as this post has been written over a few days and I've forgotten most of the things I wanted to blog about from the weekend - oh no, wait...

...I did want to say that although I had an extremely fun and busy weekend at home I felt happy and relaxed to finally make it home to my "flat" in Lovely London, after lugging all my stuff on a train, two tubes (stupid no picadilly from Kings Cross!) , and a bit more across the city in the rain. And I didn't miss family or home enough for it to upset me which is such a good thing.

My mum asked me twice if I was missing them and then once more when I got back and it felt bad to say no so the third time I kind of lied and said I did. I guess I am, but thankfully not in a depressing way. And I explained to her that it was a good thing that I wasn't because that would be harder.

Ultimately it means that I love it here, and I so do.
After the first week and a bit of feeling a little lonely during the day time (and still having that feeling occasionally when I'm on my own in my room or something) I've acclimatised and got used to it all, and generally, life here is so much fun.

I do get concerned sometimes because I don't have one group of people that are my "posse" and most people do, but the Azuric doesn't opperate like that.
I'm a friend whore and like to have many people in many places.

Anyway, enough rambling because I don't know where I'm going.

Sorry for the lack of blogging (although it seems most people are like that at the moment - HINT HINT!), speak soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Oh, your spellchecker is playing sillies again; it's stuck "HINT HINT" in the middle of a sentence for no reason (and I can't work out what h-word is meant to be there). It at least should have picked up the repeated word.

     
  • At 8:52 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    There's me thinking you were going to leave an actual comment. :-P

    And don't worry, you're not the only person.

     
  • At 6:20 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    As it happens- THERE IS A NEW BLOG AS OF THIS VERY MOMENT! You should be proud : )

    Some Hindu guy in my corridor came to my room the other night and offered Celebrations to me and all my friends because apparently they had lots left over from some Diwali party. I don't know why I'm telling you this, but for some reason I guess it reminded me of you.


    xx

     
  • At 12:24 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    Ha! I have a box of celebrations that my mum forced me to bring here to eat 'cos we had too many at home. Those as well as indi'an sweets. I've been offering them to everyone - im so not going to eat them all!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home