ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Carphone Warehouse Hangs-up on Big Brother



With every news bulletin comes a new development in this now global bullying/race row.

A record 30,000 complaints have been made to Ofcom, and just today Carphone Warehouse instructed c4 to pull all of their sponsorship material from BB and it's related programs.
Well done.

C4 are apparently to make a statement anytime soon. About bloody time. They've really angered me. Saying how they don't tolerate bullying and all that blah-de-blah when they clearly do because they've done nothing to stop it.

And everyone is arguing over whether it's racism or bullying - look at what's been said:

Jackiey failed to pronounce Shetty's name properly and began calling her "the Indian" and asked her whether she lived in a house or a shack.

Jack told her to clean the toilet with her teeth.

Jade told her to "go back to the slums".

Jo suggested that the reason why people in India are so thin and ill all the time is because they eat uncooked food.

Danielle wished that Shetty would "just fuck off home" and said that she couldn't even speak English.

Err, she speaks it better than you darling.

Shilpa said later:

"If they came to India they wouldn't be able to speak the language I speak. I've come to their country, and I think I speak it very well. And I think my vocabulary is better than most of them."

She went on to say:

"I’m representing my country. Is that what today’s UK is? It’s scary. It’s quite a shame actually.”

And it's true, those chavs make me ashamed to call myself British. They've really dented the reputation of the UK, especially as the whole world now has it's eyes on Big Brother.

Cultural ignorance is just not knowing. Racism is discriminating against someone based on their race, culture and where they come from.

This from the Guardian also made me laugh today.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I believe that Jade, Jo, and Danielle have been briefed to say that it is not racism and to some extent Shilpa has also been briefed.

    I knew Big Brother would dumb down the true events of the BB House.

    I very disappointed that the three girls have not been reprimanded for their behaviour, they should have had their nomination rights taken away, or be automatically up for eviction or better still removed all 3 from the house altogether.

    To put Shilpa and Jade up against each other will create them and us situation, which could make matters worse. And in the end Big Brother will gain from this “vile spectacle” with all the money from the voters’ calls and the increased ratings.

    Channel 4 and Endermol must do something drastic to restore my faith in this country. I just can’t believe third generation British Asian are still seeing this crap on TV. I wouldn’t want to bring up my future kids in a country that doesn’t want or to some extent hate us.

    This may sound harsh but its reality because I can not see things getting better, will not in the near future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home