ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Baby, I'm Back!


Before you read this - I've used fake names, because initials are just to hard to keep track of. People who I've used initials for in the past will remain with initials though.

Yes so I'm back here in the Queens back yard.

My parents wanted to come to drop me off so we came yesterday and arrived at about half 4 before dumping my stuff and putting all my food away.

I said that I'd do the rest in my own time so instead we could chill out a bit. As we'd managed to find some free parking just outside Hyde Park, we walked to Knightsbridge and sat in a coffee shop talking for a while.

At about 7 they said their goodbyes and I walked home.

It's good to be back in London. And back at uni.

But - something strange.
Have you ever had a feeling where someone (for no reason at all, and who is so nice) intimidates you.
Cordelia and Simon came knocking on my door to welcome me back to halls, and even though Simon is such a nice guy, I felt uncomfortable around him and almost like really unconfident around him last term.
I think it's because I get along with Cordelia really well and am affectionate with her but Simon is always with her and possibly subconsciously I was jealous. Moreso because he's really good friends with Katy-boo and I really fancied her and I think they both found out about it. Not good.

A wave of that scared (it's the feeling you would get towards a school bully, nervous, intimidated, uncomfortable) feeling came especially when he mentioned that their whole crew of people were going to the Medics weekend in Amsterdam in February.

I don't know why I feel like this, I have no reason to. And if people make you feel like that, then you've just got to not be around them. Simple as.

Anyway, I seem to have been mistaken about J and D and the people from upstairs as well.
They were all really happy to see me again and Doris (from upstairs) and D (of J and D) both loved my hair.

Oh yes thats right I forgot to say, incase you haven't seen the other Flickr photos, I dyed my hair brown in Hong Kong.
It turned out lighter than I actually wanted but I still liked it and both A and my sister loved it. In the sun and under strong lighting it did look a bit red though, hence why AT now has the right to call me ginger. The cow.
Anyway, 3 weeks later, after several washes and a cut it looks really cool. Loads of people have commented on it. I love it.
It looks like my hair mildy goes in the summer.

Back to the story...

Also earlier, J also did his thing of pretending to ignore me when he saw me and it didn't bother me at all, I knew he was joking and maybe it's just something that he does. Even just as I was coming back to my room I had a 5 minute convo with them both in the corridor.


Maybe it was all me, or maybe it was settling down friction in the first term. Now everyone knows where everyone stands it's okay.

I had my exam today. It was hard, and I know I've failed. But to be honest I wasn't expecting to pass. I did no revision for it.
It has scared me into working hard from now on though.
Especially when I saw the MBBS/BSc Part 1 Exam written on the paper.
I'm in uni now, this is tough stuff.
This term I'm going out less - less clubbing and drinking and more gyming, giging, and working. Thats the plan.

After the exam I got my ticket for the Amsterdam trip - I'm so glad I got mine because the 100 that were reserved for freshers have sold out so fast. I hope those that didn't get them today get some on Wednesday, but those 100 are for anyone in the Medschool!

Anyway, I'm going to go, will blog you soon.

Again sorry this was all rambles but there's just so much to write and I'm not as good at it as Anyhoo.

Azzypants.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home