ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007




Last night, my friend Samuel came over to my place as he, Susie, Adam and I were meant to work on our PBL presentation for Thursday.
We'd also planned for him to teach us how to play Poker that night after getting our presentation done, so he brought his amazing Poker set bought on the Hong Kong black-market (gambling is illegal there).

Being typical students, by 9pm we still hadn't quite finished our presentation andBB started, so Susie and I watched while Samuel ate and then after that we gave up and he taught us how to play.

Having still not quite got the rules of Texas Holdem after listening to his explaination we decided to just play a few games to get the hang of it.

I LOVE POKER.

We were just playing for fun, but still it was so great. The adrenaline rush of winning is tres cool.
I started to play really well and managed to rob Samuel terribly at which point he decided to get aggressive with me (in the game), but still I knocked Susie and then him out of the game.
Not being able to take the shame of teacher being whipped by student he then began playing for Adam in the hope of taking me down a peg but still I won.

He put it down to beginners luck and he's probably right, but I'm definately going to be playing again....but just for fun, not for money.
My mum got a little concerned when I told her because it's against our religion to gamble (although the lottery seems to be perfectly acceptable!), but I reassured her we were just playing with chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home