ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, June 29, 2007



"If there is one place on the face of earth where all the dreams of living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, it is India!"



"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. Our most valuable and most astrictive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only!"

"So far as I am able to judge, nothing has been left undone, either by man or nature, to make India the most extraordinary country that the sun visits on his rounds. Nothing seems to have been forgotten, nothing overlooked."



"In India, I found a race of mortals living upon the Earth, but not adhering to it, inhabiting cities, but not being fixed to them, possessing everything, but possessed by nothing"


On Tuesday I'm flying to India for two and a half weeks of travelling.
Gujarat. Mumbai. Pune. Kerela.

It's very slowly starting to hit me.
India has been somewhere I've always, always wanted to go.

I can't wait.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    That's one quick visa.

    You know how I don't do jealousy... um... well... *changes the subject* where are the quotes from?

     
  • At 9:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mark Twain, Max Muller and various others. From iloveindia.com.

    It was all so sudden. My cousins were going and asked if I'd like to come. Next thing I know it's booked and we're leaving a week later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home