ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Monday, June 25, 2007

The Last Day


Friday. June 23rd. Judgement day.

It had arrived. The day we'd all been waiting for. The last day in halls, and also the day we get our results. They day to make or break our summers.

I woke up and my first thought was prayers for luck, well actually it was "oh shit" as I scrambled for my phone to read the time, but after that.

I couldn't be late as I was meeting my housemates-to-be at our flat-to-be for a viewing. One of my housemates surprised us with an email a few days earlier saying that his parents have bought a 4-bed flat, so that's our accom sorted!

After checking out the flat we went for a coffee in the starbucks next door (I'm so going to be there every morning!), for a catch-up until midday-ish when I left them to come back to halls as I was meant to be having lunch with ScrubsGirl and IndieKid (C and A). An attempt to consume the rest of our food before moving out.

The 3 of us had planned to go shopping in Central for the day to keep our minds off results which were being released from 3pm onwards but IndieKid had to go see a house so instead, after our mammoth omlette, we all went to Ken High for a browse.

When IndieKid had to go, ScrubsGirl and I made our way to Carnaby Street - I wanted to go to the American Apparel store.
One purchase (my amazingly nice new favourite blue hoody) later, we people-dodged our way back to Oxford Circus and thought we'd take a peek in TopShop/Man.

I was browsing in Topman when I got a call from a friend telling me she'd passed and got a merit. She asked where I was and why and then asked me to let her know how I did when I got my results.
As soon as I put the phone down my stomach began to turn, "fuck!", I thought, "I'm going home!".
I was already on the escalators when I rang SG, and we arranged to meet at the doors, both wanting to get home as soon as possible after hearing that.

By the time we got on the bus she'd already had two phonecalls informing us that so and so had passed or got merits or failed certain papers.

The sick feeling was just getting worse...

For what seemed like the longest and most memorable bus journey in the world the two of us talked about results, recieved phonecalls from friends, and worried and hoped...

I got a call from IK when we were about 10 minutes away informing us that he'd passed everything which was good, but I was just dying after that call. The woman sitting next to SG finally understood why we were freaking out when I told SG, "IK passed everything", but still continued to give us strange looks.

Finally we got home. I got to my room. Opened up my laptop. Logged in to my email account. There it was - Year 1 unofficial results.

Oh god oh god oh god. Please please please!

Click...

...

...

[Azuric Obscure] - | pass | pass | pass | pass | pass |

I physically could not believe it. I had passed every single paper. Me. First time. No resits. It was unbelieveable.

SG was laptop-less as hers was being repaired so I let her check hers in my room, and thankfull she had passed all of them too.
Both of us were so shocked and relieved. IK got back minutes later. I was so happy that the three of us had all passed everything first time. And as hard and horrible as it was, revising and going through it all together, made it so fun.

I rang my mum to let her know after...

Me [in a sad voice]: Hey
Her: How was it?
Me [still sounding down]: Sigh... I worked so hard, and...every single one...
Her [sounding alarmed]: What? All of them?!
Me {sounding as if I was about to cry]: Yeah, every single paper.... ....I PASSED!!
Her: *deafening screams* - I actually had to hold the phone away from my ear.

She did tell me off for being evil after the praise and congratulations...but it was hilarious.

How strange...just before I wrote this, I turned on the radio, and the first song to be played was Teardrop - Massive Attack.

This song has so much meaning now. I smile everytime I hear it. And like a certain someone said, the storm and dark clouds of uncertainty have passed, and all of a sudden I'm standing in a field of sunshine.

It all feels very sureal.


3 Comments:

  • At 10:45 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Yay you. Told you so. Must have been the smile.

    Would give you a hug, my arms aren't quite long enough to reach you.

     
  • At 10:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks. It's great how I still can't believe it. I just wasn't expecting to be free from it all.

    I got the official results today, my lowest mark was 64 and my highest was 76, so I did even better than I thought.

     
  • At 6:10 am, Blogger Repute Bhargav said…

    Hello there! I just want to offer you a big thumbs up for your great info you have right here on this post. I'll be coming back to your web site for more soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home