ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007


That's it.

The photos, posters, and other crap have come down and the walls are back to bare.
Suitcases are ready by the door.

I've just a couple more days left in London.

It hadn't really hit until today.
I was lying in bed (pretty much all I do these days), recovering from the Ball the night before when this song, which I've heard many times before, came on the radio, and only this time did I properly catch the lyrics, and take it in...


Once more just before Im leaving
Torn on the platform
Once more just before Im leaving
Torn on the platform

Cos Ill miss you and I love you
I know this is over for now
Cos I miss you, ohh, how I miss you
Youre not my girl you're my town

A weekend away, leave the city today
Dont want the big smoke to leave me behind...



I just can't believe that already my first year at uni is over.

Where the hell did it go?!

And I know that so much has happpened in this past year, so many amazing, challenging, fun and exciting experiences.
There've been up's and there've been downs, but I've loved the whole thing.
I really wouldn't change anything.
It's weird that it's so hard to remember it all, but I guess when you're having fun...time just flies.

At the same time as it feeling that it's just flown past, it also feels like we've all always been here, and that I've known these people for years.
School and A-levels seem so long ago. So distant. So childish.

Ah London. How much I love you. I really just don't want to leave.

I've had an infactuation with this city for a long time, I don't know why, but I was drawn to it.
I really wanted to come and study here.
I knew this is where I wanted to end up.

Ever since my GCSE's, when I grew up a bit and became focused and ambitious my dreams had involved this place.
My mum always tells me that I dream too much, but like his wickedness, Dizzee Rascal, said, "if you don't have a dream, then how' you gonna have a dream come true?"

And now, finally getting here, and living the city life...I can see why Londoners love it so much.
It actually is it's own little world.
So different to the rest of England.

Well, I guess there's comfort in the fact that I'll (hopefully) be back in 3 months, if not before.


Cos my
Eyes, eyes, eyes
Are not
Dry, dry, dry
As I
Realise, ise, ise
That in a few minutes this train will be gone
Sighs, sighs, sighs
City
Fly's, fly's, fly's
Wonder
Why, why, why
Would anyone want to leave where I come from?





1 Comments:

  • At 11:34 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Don't you leave at the weekend? And you're already packed? But the whole point is to make unpacking exciting but the sheer unpredictability of what you hasty flung together in a box: Why is my lab coat wrapped around candles in a colander? That type of thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home