ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Destression


Grrrrrrr!

I wish we had "standby" buttons because i'd be smacking mine with a sledge-hammer right now.

Im so frustrated!

Why the *bleep* would anyone need to know the binomial expansion of partial *bleep*-ing fractions anyway?!

Im not going to be one of those depressing people who rant on about how their lives are so crap because their cat ran away, but life is so, for want of a better word, shit at the moment.

A-levels are so stressful. Everyone knows that.
And you have to just pull through. Fact.
But after that, applying to uni.
Even that is stressful.
So horribly, torturingly stressful.

Arguably it depends on your course, I could have done something "easy" where I would have just got offers from some of the six unis i'd applied to. But no, I have to go through all this pressure filled, ultra-competative, only four choices, wait-and-pray for interviews, then again for offers *bleep*-ing crap to do Medicine. Just because I want to do something I am so passionate about.

And then you think...Is life always going to be like this?
And especially a career like medicine, so many hours, so stressful, such hard work. Why am i getting myself into this?
But there have never been any doubts in my mind, I cant think of anything else i'd want to be. The human body is the most amazing thing in the world. I only want to be a doctor. *Begins humming Mylo vs. Miami Sound Machine - Dr Pressure*
So I dont really know what im rambling on about...

I guess im just de-stressing by thought-splurging.
Revising is getting to me i guess, although not in the way i'd have thought. With regards to exams coming up (in a week!!) i feel really complacent and going-with-the-flow-ish. (Which is worrying!)
But overall, im having waves of "destression" (ha! geddit? depression and stress. destression! good huh? I crack myself up...) sometimes, related to all of this.
I fear the fact that i may not get any offers this year and will then have to take a gap year and re-apply. What am i going to do for a whole year?!!

But i guess life is a learning process. And a rollercoaster. It will take you where it wants to go, with the ups and the downs. And all we can do is hold on tight, learn what it teaches us, and try to enjoy the ride...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Que Sera Sera, whatever will be, will be *starts huimming to self*

    Don't stress too much about it all, I'm sure one of the universities will snap you up - they just like to leave you waiting. It's a difficult time, but you'll be laughing about it all when you start your course! Trust me, I'm [not] a doctor.

     
  • At 4:16 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    I'm feel bad for you Azuric! I never applyed to medical school, but I did apply to several diffrent schools of music, and they are incredibly competative.

    I'm sure you will do fine, and get in. Who wants to turn away a potential doctor! No one! And so what if you get a year gap, you could always spend that time working or volunteering at some health facitily to gain a greater knowledge of the field you wish to embark upon.

    Much luck to you!

    P.S. I added your link on my blog, I hope you don't mind I put you in the "i don't know" column. If you'd prefer to be moved to one of the others, let me know!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home