ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

I've just been swimming.

And now im so tired. But it was really fun. And tiring.

I think the last time i went was on holiday in Mallorca.

It was quite a spontaneous thing, i suggested it to sibling number one and she got really excited. So we went. Thankfully i had a pair of swim trunks that fit although i cant remember why i bought them. They were above the knee trunks, which i really dont like. I much prefer surfer-style over the knee board shorts. Okay they aren't very efficient for swimming but they look good. (What? Oh come on, dont tell me you wear super streamlined speedos, or as Pheobe from Friends would say, banana hammocks.) I think this pair is rather funky

I cant remember exactly how many lengths i did in the 45 mins we were there before "Fun Time" started, when a stampeed of little people came charging in, armed with floats and arm-bands, but as my sister only over-took me a few times and i started before her, it must have been around her 35 lengths, possibly 30ish. Im not a very good swimmer, and didnt really have a technique, just went for it in a mix of breast-stroke and normal front swimming. But felt really good afterwards, you know when you get out and your feeling tired, heart beating fast. I like that feeling after exercise, lets you know you pushed yourself.

Towards the end my sister decides to walk through the water and tries to persuade me to do the same, apparently its water aerobics, which then prompts me to mock her with a Baywatch style slow-mo run through the water except without the flowing golden locks, or the red float, or the trunks...or the body.

After getting back i had a bowl of porridge again, this time with cinnamon and pumpkin seeds. Nice. And then sausages, beans, and toast...mmmm!

Now im going to shower and de-chlorinate (eww!) and then get on with the maths homework. I still have two ladders against walls to deal with. And an endless number of integration questions.

Ooh and i just saw The Go! Team performing on Popworld - they are crazy! Bring on March!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:27 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    I love swimming. Especially before and after, in the locker room!

    Anyway, I always hated when the kids would invade the pool! I hate kids, and I don't trust them, I'm always paranoid they would urinate in the water! Those little bastards.

    I always get a monster appetite after a nice swim!

     
  • At 10:46 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    *Rolls eyes* Typical Rob. :p

    :O Kids are great! Well, maybe not urinating kids but still.

    And i so do reply to your comments :P besides, Any did much better job at describing porridge than i ever could.

    Hee hee - word verification is "Radmo"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home