ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, May 27, 2006


I am feeling [ bored and mildly depressed ]
I have just been [ laughing ]
I can hear [ the Urban show on Radio 1 ]

WOW!
Pharell and Kanye West have done a song together.
The 2 best producers in Hip-Hop at the current time.
Together.
On ONE track.
This is AMAZING!

Although, its titled "Number 1". Do people not realise how stupid they will look if their song doesnt get to the top of the charts?
Come on people, learn from Ludacris' mistake.

Anyway, back to what I was actually going to talk about.

The mild depression is a result of revision. Don't you just feel like throwing solid hydrogen bonded structures at walls when you think everything is going in but then marking past papers tells you otherwise.

Mind you, it was the first set I've done and I got high B's / Low A's, and I can only get better can't I?
However, the reason Im repeating modules 1 - 4 is to get better than last time, which means low A's is not good enough.

And keeping everything going at once is proving to be difficult. Having concentrated on Chemistry this past week, my Mechanics has taken a slight decline.

I just want it to be over. Come on July!

I had the Biology practical already. What is OCRs obsessesion with Urine?
It went okay despite me being extremely disorganised, and barely able to keep my eyes open.

Of course it just had to be me who spilt the ethanoic acid everywhere, and who then later on managed to drop the Urease pipette into the acid pool, so denaturing the enzyme.
Never a good thing when the experiment is based on enzyme reaction rates.

And incase you didn't know, it takes about a day and a half to get the smell of Urease, ethanoic acid, and "Urea Solution" off you hands.

I had just been laughing at this, which I came across through Mr Hoo.

Finally - what do you make of this:

I got a phone call from Models Online yesterday at about 11am.

The (eventually polite but unprofessional) lady said that I had been selected by their "management team", out of hundreds, and congratulated me.

The thing is I applied online only the night before - hmmm?

She then asked about my age and height and said I'd be suitable for catalogues and something I cant remember now.

After this she informed me that Models Online is not an agency and that they only "help aspiring models break into the industry", (Cringe) and proceeded to read a whole load of sell-it-to-the-listener crap to me about them in a kind of wow-we-are-so-good-aren't-you-lucky tone.

Then - and this is where it gets fishy - she said that as a model I'd need a portfolio and that she would like to invite me to their London studios for an appointment. Apparently this normally costs between £300 - £400 but she had a few slots for free.

Why if it cost so much was she willing to do it for free?

Then I explained how there was a problem as I was doing my A levels and wasn't free until July and asked if it was possible to come down then.

She said no as she only had a few of these free-of-charge-slots left, and became really really pushy:
"Can't you spare one Saturday?"

"No, I'll have no free time until July"

"Not even four hours?" (Yeah, like I can get to London, have a photo shoot and get back in four hours)

"No, they have already started, I wont be free until the Summer"

Then she backed down and asked me to call her back when my exams were over.

So what should I make of this?
How come I was picked so quickly?
Why are they giving me a £300 - £400 shoot for free.
Why was she so pushy for me to have it?
Where do they get their money from?
Are they a go between between me and the Agencies?

Models Direct also emailed asking for some better pictures to present to their national selection pannel. How exciting.


Anywho, Im off.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:11 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Ludacris' mistake: which is what exactly? Thinking that calling oneself ridiculous is a great way to start a career?

    He's like sick yano: Ludacris [sic].

    And if you think ethanoic's bad, try rotten potatoes. It's literally a case of "can't get the stink out, it's been hanging round for days".

    MD: So trying not to make some lewd comment here. How would you react to a:
    - you could come and model for me any time, baby.

    Ok, I'm not good at sleaze.

     
  • At 12:16 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Luda had a track called "Number One Spot" which unfortunately for him didn't even make it to the top ten in the UK.
    Ridiculous? When was this?

    Oh and I was meant to ask you actually (since you are now officially my English consultant) what does [sic] mean? I've seen it in articles a lot but have never known what it meant.

    Im actually glad the Ethanoic was there as it denatured the Urease. Otherwise I'd have had catalysis of Urea solution into CO2 and Ammonia on my hands. Now that has to be the worst.

    And to that last comment one would react by bursting out laughing so as to then be told off by one's mother for "waking up the neighbours".
    One can assure you that he is not that loud.

     
  • At 12:44 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Ludacris = Redikulas.

    [sic]. Used in quoting, the square brackets showing it is an addition to the originally quote (eg. "Mike said it would be late" is clarified by "Mike [Davies, Head of Project Delivery] said it would be late"). Sic is Latin for something like thus, so [sic] means it was thus in the original.

    It's usually used in quotations, especially those were there is an error the original:
    The Untied [sic] States is the contiguous North American states plus Alaska and Hawaii.
    Or:
    The United States consists of 52 states [sic].

    [Insert suitable lewd comment about "waking the neighbours" here].

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    First the bad news:
    I don't want to make you sad, but I think you need some honesty in order to answer your questions. This whole modeling thing sounds like a big scam. I'm sorry, but it has to be said, and I don't want to see you blow all your money on a company that could be nothing but bad news. It always says in magazines (such as Vogue) that if a modeling agency EVER asks for money (or puts you under pressure), its a scam. Maybe you could be a really great part time model, but not with this company. I'm really sorry. Don't hate me, I'd just feel really bad if you went through a lot of greif over this all because I didn't say anything.

    Now for the good news (sort of):
    J'adore your blog aussi! But for other reasons (the honesty, the humour, and all the exciting/cool/funky things it introduces the reader to). Thanks for the compliments anywho, + yes, it is Portuguese in the titles (I sort of like to think my readers all learn something when they check out my blog).


    xx

     
  • At 10:48 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Don't be silly, I don't hate you. And I know it sounds a bit dodgy. I agree. And there's no way im gonna spend money on it or get too hyped up about it.

     
  • At 11:32 pm, Blogger ferox said…

    i enjoy your blog very much. especially the random french (because i am a latin student). also, i agree with the whole modeling scam deal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home