ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, May 18, 2006


Boo. Hoo.

I failed my driving test.

How crappingly unfortunate.

And the most frustrating thing is the reason I failed for.

I didn't even do anything drastically wrong.

When you turn left at junctions, you do so in 2nd gear. I so knew that. I do that all the time normally.
So why did I do it in 1st gear on test?!!

And the examiner even said, "I'd have let you off if you'd done it twice, but you did it four times".

I can't even fail properly! (joke)

All my manouveres were perfect, and I only got 3 minors on the other areas of driving.

I should have known something was gonna come up when I did a final parallel-parking practice on the way to the test centre.
As I pulled up next to a parked car and began to reverse, one of the fifteen billion cats that lives on our road, which just happened to be black, toddles along the road infront of me.

And just now, I opened the window in my sisters room to listen to the storm (one of the best ones I've ever heard by the way. Lightning, thunder, wind, rain, hail - it had it all!) and accidently knocked a little mirror which is one of the many pieces of crap on her windowsill out of the window onto the lounge roof outside.

I don't think I broke it.
At least I hope not.
It doesn't look broken.
And this is ridiculous because im not even superstitious, well apart from never allowing volume on radios to be set to 13, and prefering even numbers, but I think thats more of an OCD thing.

Luckily she's in Hong-Kong for work purposes till Saturday so I can hop out onto the roof when its less The-Day-After-Tomorrow-ish outside and retrieve it.

*Puts on bad tie, elongates nostrils, shuffles papers on desk and swivels in chair* Ehem, and in other news...its my last ever day at school tomorrow.

Ever!

Just makes the phrase "Friday's cool 'cos..." so much more appropriate.

Im not happy or sad, I don't really feel anything. Most probably because nothing is sinking in as we have so much more on our minds.

And thats the final report for tonight, Carol Kirkwood brings you the weeks forecast next.

Goodnight.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:35 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    Oh, I'm SO sorry about your driving test. That is so sad. If it's any consolation, I can't drive at all + we probably wont need to drive too much once we are in London. Plus, you can take it again + I'm sure you'll do amazingly next time. My dad failed his about 5 times before he actually got his license. Talk about bad luck. During one test the examiner had a heart attack and in another, the car broke down. So don't worry, you are not inadequate. Most people don't pass on their first try.
    + YOU ARE NOT JINXED. You were probably just having a bad day, which also happens to the best of us : )
    I have only 4 days of school left (in which I actually have to go), so I can identify. It's all very strange. While I'm over the moon that all my exams are over, and I know I'll miss all my mates...I just thought I'd feel...different. It hasn't sunk in yet for me either.


    xx

     
  • At 10:36 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    You should have rescheduled the test after that Black Cat crossed the path! And breaking that mirror! OMG! You might as well lock yourself away for 7 years, because no good can come from it!

    =)

     
  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Well, if it's any consolation, I hit the kerb within a minute of starting my first driving test. And I got out of it by pretending I hadn't, carrying on forward until I dropped back down on the other side of the corner (a technique endorsed by the Highway Code).

    Possibly less consolatory was that it was also my last driving test as I passed (by virtue of saying "sorry" every time I did something wrong, thus demonstrating an awareness that it was wrong, so potentially being able to correct it in future). I think I only got 3 minors, and somehow the instructor didn't notice me speeding (ok, maintaining station with the rest of the traffic, and only later discovering it was a 40 limit).

    I'm trying to remember what the minors were: positioning/steering (i.e. mounting the pavement on the first corner), observation (despite the ostentatious moving of the mirror when I got in the car) and... possibly a poor gear change. Oh, and the clutch pedal jammed down during the test, but I coped so that didn't matter.

    I'm still annoyed about getting one wrong on the theory test though (said he who no longer has the foggiest idea what any of the braking distances are).

    And how come you get a thunderstorm? I want a thunderstorm! Although preferably not if it coincidences with another fire alarm.

    Anyway, I'm sure you'll get better, or at least learn to fail properly (if the car's not dented it's not a proper fail). One of my friends failed 7 times before I stopped counting.

    Next time if a black cat tries to cross your path, run the thing over. The bad luck only counts if it crosses, so if it never makes it past halfway...

     
  • At 11:29 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    IFB:
    Oh thanks, and don't worry I wasn't upset, I was just disappointed. Infact I didn't think I was gonna pass first time until I was on test and thought...hang on, I just might crack it. Oh well.
    I don't think it will hit me until the Leavers Service - we all march out of the Cathedral to "Onward Christian Soldiers" - sounds cheesy but every year all the girls start blubbing away, streams of mascara.

    Rob:
    Well gee, thanks, now I feel better. Joke. I don't believe in superstition, so Im not that bothered, the cat thing was just funny, like oh gee, thanks God.

    Any:
    We wouldn't get away with that these days, they've become so strict. Touching the kerb very slowly is okay. Hitting or going onto is an instant fail.

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    It was that strict when I did it, but I think I only got away with it because I was already shaking before I got in the car, so I think she didn't count the first minute (well, did, but discounted it) or so until I calmed down a bit (i.e. once I thought I'd already failed). And I did nearly start crying once I did it.

    It's quite odd the way I managed to render myself nearly incapable of driving the one time it might matter.

    And anyway, it was on a junction where one narrow round comes out on the inside of a blind bend on another narrow road [imagine the head of an arrow] - you can't turn in or out legally, as you have to be on the wrong side of the road when you can't see. Whereas I tried, hence going up the acute inside corner.

    Onward Christian Soldiers? Marching as to war? Just as well there's an "as" there.

    That was banned in my primary school for not fitting in with the Christian ethos (war is bad, mkay?) and the secondary school outlawed religion outright (although the Christmas Concert had yet to be renamed the "Late First Term Concert").

     
  • At 9:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that sucks man, driving tests are alot easier of here in the states!

    check me out at http://bizzle.slightlybetterthanyou.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home