ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, May 11, 2006


Wow.

I was just on myspace, and was looking at the profile of a really cool person.

Maybe you know her, she comes from Manchester, and is living in the US at the moment, but going to uni next year in the best city in the world.

Anyway, not only does she have fantastic taste in music, but she supports the Parkour movement.

"The who movement?", I hear you ask.

Dont worry, I wasn't cool enough to know what it was either (Actually, I lie, I knew it existed, and love it, but didnt know the name of it or how big it actually is).

The Parkour movement.

How funky is that.

Im half tempted to go outside and jump a fence right now.

They all look so cool.

I have to do it sometime, I have to learn!

Also, something about something else Im interested in has been posted on FunkRunner
(Although, judging by the content, it should technically be on Scribble).

Check it out - and go check out Banksy's site - how cool is that!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:55 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I think I know her... : ) (I wish there was I way to show how big my smile is right now).
    I saw this amazing documentary a couple of years ago called Jump Britain (I don't know if you saw it) and from that moment on I was completely in love. I would try it myself but I don't want to break my face. Fear is probably the only thing thats stopping me (that and something one of the free runners said about his knees making a squealchy noise everytime they bend as a result of his Parkour habit) because I am probably athletic and flexible enough to do it. I'm just a chicken.
    And I would definitely advocate you trying it sometime but you have a very nice face and I'd hate for you to break it : )


    xx

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    But if you do try, please find a building made of foam.

    But yes, very cool, but I've never had the confidence to just hurl myself with grace; I'm too aware of the grating potential of concrete.

    Although I did manage to find myself on a ledge at head hieght by accident earlier today.

    And as for les Parkouristes, je les aime.

     
  • At 10:07 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    IFB - I heard about JB and JL but never saw them. Around the time though, the BBC had those trademark people-in-red-doing-stuff adverts of theirs with Traceurs, and there was a bit in the media about it.

    And I agree, I wouldn't want to break anything either...but it would be cool to do it at a lower level.

    My sister went to Maiyango yesterday for some sort of unofficial school reunion there and one of her friend's brother who's at uni at the moment is training for Parkour.
    He goes to training classes and everything.
    I was looking on Urban Freeflow and there are classes in London.
    It seems like they're really good - even if you just want to keep shape.

    (Ihavetogo!Ihavetogo!Ihavetogo!)

    We should do it one time when we're in London, even if its just jumping around looking strange in Hyde Park!

    Any - Ledge? This sounds too funny to miss

     
  • At 12:18 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    It was unintentional. I was walking along the southbank, towards the Oxo tower, looking out over the river. I was walking beside the railings, and went up on to the slightly raised ledge to get past someone, and then because I was watching the driftwood eddying round, I forgot to step off it again, by which time the path had dropped away. So I pretended I meant to do that.

     
  • At 9:45 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I can't think of anything more nutty in the world that we could possibly do....
    so OK. Lets do it! Perhaps if I'm there I might even be able to save you from breaking your neck : )


    xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home