ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Breathe and Stop



This picture is one of my Flickr favourites and was taken by torkristensen.


My sister always tells me to dance infront of the mirror whenever I complain that I can't dance.
She thinks i
t's a good way to learn.
It's not that I can't dance, I have rhythm, I just get shy and too self-conscious sometimes, and can't let myself just flow.

Today however I decided to take her advice and managed to ignore the "oh my god you look so stupid, imagine if everyone could see you now" voice in my head.

And it was fun.

I don't think I was particularly good, but I could move different body parts independantly and think I was doing so to the beat.

So thats all good, but the thing is, I can't bust a move.
I want to learn to dance dance.
As a pose to just do what people do when they go clubbin'.

I remember when I saw the Run DMC vs Jason Nevins video for It's like that.
I was like "WOW!".

And then when Justin surprised everyone by teaming up with Pharrell (Midas) Williams and dropped Like I Love You; I recall seeing that video and thinking "I want to do THAT!".
The choreography in that video was amazing.
Even Justin's backing dancers were so so good.

So I think I'm going to go to some dance classes.
There's a studio in town that offers street and hip-hop dance classes, and I figure that even a few lessons will help me open up.

My cousin is amazing, she has only been going to classes for a term and is already competing. And after showing me her piece (to Rihanna's S.O.S.) in her room, she began improvising, just making up all these moves on the spot.
She's so talented.

The problem with me I think is that I am a very creative person, but I don't get the chance to express it enough.

Like I've always been interested in design, and have had the opportunity to do quite a bit of interior design in our house, but all that really is is seeing if stuff fits together and buying stuff.
It's not like "I made that", or "I did that".


Also, since discovering Blogger and Flickr, I've been able to express more of my creativity and thoughts through blog and photos, but still, it's not enough.

And I've always loved my "ghetto" musick, so maybe doing more than just nodding along to the beat, and rapping the rhymes is the answer.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:12 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    OH GOSH- SHUT UP. You are so talented and you don't even realise it! I go to a fine arts school and dance is my focus there, I've done everything from Ballet to Tap and Jazz, but all I really want to do is be able to take a decent photo. See what I'm getting at? You can do so many great things already, so don't beat yourself up or compare yourself to your cousin. Just relax, you don't have to be the next Justin to have fun :)

    Oh and by the way, I'm coming round to the idea of you being a chelsea fan next season. NO I don't approve, but I grew up with a Liverpool fan for a father and this taught me tolerance. When Chelsea plays United, we must watch it together, and then you can cry on my shoulder when United win ;-P


    xx

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Yeah, see, it will provide us with a friendly rivalry! Plus it's the only team I know much about.
    And yeah, watching the match will be wicked! Just remember your Kleenex, you'll be needing them when Chelsea kicks Uniteds ass! :-P

     
  • At 12:05 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    awww..don't fret I will totally school you:
    Football lesson #1:
    United is better than Chelsea :-P


    xx

     
  • At 9:00 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    I really like your photos, especially on the new flicker account. I could see you have a great eye for coordination, and design, from the photos you have taken.

    Even with the kitchenware items, the patterns, the point of view, the arrangment.

    BRAVO!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home