ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006


God I never realised how hard it is to get a job.

I had just assumed that by now I'd be working 9 to 5 in retail in the city centre, and saving up lots of money whilst having loads of fun.

How naive I was.

I've handed my out about 40 copies of my CV now, and that was just to the people who were willing to take it.
If I have to ask, "hi there, I was wandering if you had any vacancies?" in my politest most delightful voice one more time I might just break something.

I've even been through two, yes two, local papers looking for jobs.
I had a red pen to circle potential enquiries and everything, just like in the movies.

And as if that wasn't enough, I've tried online too, sending emails to local people.
I haven't had any replies though, rude prats.

I've tried shops in the city centre, down the main road into town (both sides), the parade near where I live, and also a retail park.
Still nothing.

And apparently you need to have "relevant experience" to work as a Barista in Starbucks.
Er, like what? 3 months at mug washing college?

Even Asda don't have anything!

Oh well, I've given up now.
I'm just going to sit, wait, and see if any of the CVs I've handed out pulls anything in.

Until then I'm going to have to sit at home twiddling my thumbs with:
no money,
no job,
no World Cup,
no Lost,
no OC,
no Desperate Housewives,
no friends (I'm not that much of a loser, they're all just on holiday),
and even....dare I say it....
no school to keep me busy.

Joy!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:19 pm, Blogger ferox said…

    I'm sscared of the day when I'll actually have to work to get a job or have an interview or whatever. I got my job without an interview because they were really shorthanded at the time

     

Post a Comment

<< Home