ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Sunday, July 02, 2006


The Middle of the day:

So thats it.
No more Glory, Just Hope for Euro 08 and 2010.

That match was so painful to watch.
Bringing me to the brink of devestation, when Beckham was crying, and then when that BBB (You can try and guess what that stands for) Ref pulled out the red for Roo.
And then when Slimeball Ronaldo scored that last penalty, it was just unbareable.

For a few minutes I just sat there, head in hands, looking at the screen, watching Ferdinand and Hargreaves cry, and the look on their faces.
Knowing that that was it, we were out.
Our world cup dreams shattered.

Then I left the lounge, dragging my feet up the stairs to go and mope in my room, and I surprised myself, In the hall I almost suddenly became close to tears.
I didn't actually cry, but you know that kind of wave feeling you get followed by the lurch.

It was surprising because I didn't realise how much I had got into it all.
This world cup was the first where I was really interested in all the matches and players, and was so passionate about ING-ER-LAND! and the beautiful game.

I couldn't mope for long as I had to go to N's houseparty later that evening, but It was such a depressing way to end the middle of the day, and everything I had done earlier. (See below)

N's houseparty was good.
It wasn't her best and the turnout was really low for one of their parties (N is one of a triplet, infamous for their houseparties), but it was good to see everyone now that exams were all over.

I didn't really do much but watch the Brazil/France match in the outside bar they have and mingle with everyone.

HA!
In your face!
Brazil are out!
Go munch on a Brazil Nut in the corner, loser!

(Just a selection of the exchanges between my mother and I this morning. She, for some unknown reason, is a passionate Brazil supporter, and was cackling like a crazy person after seeing my face at the end of the Brazil-Japan slaughter. I think really, it's just to piss me off.)

Viv le France! That beautiful performance by Henry almost partially made up for the England-out-depression.

I did also get talking to one of N's friends from work.
These two girls were sitting next to N when I came over and so I asked N, "Aren't you going to introduce us?"

N did and then we got talking, bout Unis no less.
She revealed that she was going do Psychology, and then somehow we began conversing about body language.
When she mentioned that, both A (who had also come over now) and I made a nervous, jokey face, and we all laughed.
Apparently when she talks about body lanugage people immediately sit back and fold their arms or change their position.
Then she said to me that she could tell I was open and outgoing because I was leaning in and asked N to introduce us.
I don't exactly know why I am saying all this, except that I'm proud that I got talking to people I don't know.
I am normally really shy but I'm trying to become more outgoing before Uni.
Plus she was quite hot.

Moving on.
After that, there wasn't much else, I got a lift home with AT and R, and then cooked and consumed four waffles whilst watching the start of Mr & Mrs Smith (I Luurrrve that film), and then went to bed.


The Begining of the day:

I got up at 7.30, late, and rushed into the shower.

Got ready blah-de-blah, and got dropped off to the train station by my mum, caught a train to Birmingham and was off.

My sister was already there from the night before, so we had planned for me to meet her there and to spend the day shopping and out and about.

Birmingham is amazing!
I always had this impression of it being some really yucky, boring, industrial estate-ish place, but in actual fact its so nice.
Like a mini London right on my doorstep.
Both my sister and I said how its ridiculous that we live so close and hadn't been before.

After having a bit of a kerfuffle in meeting when I got off the train we walked around and went to a few shops outside and then to the Bull Ring for a few more including Topman (which by the way, is SMALLER than the one here. So I don't know what all these people saying the Bull Ring is so amazing for were on about) where I exchanged that Red/Grey stripey jumper and bought:
A blue, fitted shirt.
A yellow/orange-ish T-shirt with Osaka on it.
Some brown "cargo pants" as the Americans would say.

After that we were both really hungy so decided to make our way to Wagamama, but upon arrival discovered that it wasn't going to open for another half an hour.

Not wanting to move through fear of wasting precious energy we decided to sit in the square type thing outside the Bull Ring in the sun, where there was a nice breeze, but were then forced to move because of a stupid cow who decided that the best place to smoke her cigarette was 2 milimetres downwind of us.

We spent a while in Borders procrastinating and then wandered back to Wagamama but there were still a few minutes to go until it opened, so we started back towards the square wandering what to do, when I turned to my sister and asked whether we should go into the church.
She laughed and said how she was just about to say the same thing, so in we went.

Apparently she loves Churches as they have something nostalgic about them, reminding her of school. I just like the architecture and beauty of the buildings.

I was looking up at the rafters, noticing the rays of light streaming in through the windows, and wishing I had my camera, when my sister turned to me and said how it was strange how
we never really think about it but Jesus is one of the Gods that has been really important in our lives, throughout our education, because we've both been to Christian schools with Hymns and Services, and he's always been there.

And it is true when I think about it. Although Hindus do acknowlegde Jesus as God, Ishwar, I had never thought about it like that.

***
OOPS!

I have a really bad habit of Juggling anything I'm holding from hand to hand.
I've just learnt the hard way, not to do it again with a glass.
And I doubt the hall wall appreciated that little incident either.
***


After Wagamama we decided to go to a few more shops, and then to make our way home to get back in time for the match.

We spent quite a while in H&M, where I bought a white, fitted, crinkled shirt with green and orange stripes, and my sister did something really embarrassing:

There were two guys looking at shirts near us, and one pointed out a particular shirt to his partner, who replied, "that looks like the cloth bus seats are made out of".
Both my sister and I smile/laughed (in a polite way) because it was funny, and then my sister decided to mention how she agreed.
God how embarrassing.
You don't add to the conversation!
You just smile/laugh politely and then get back to your own business.

There was a really nice brown pin-stripe jacket I fell in love with, thinking it was around £30, but then nearly fainted when I discovered it was almost thrice that.

I also saw Dan's funky flip-flops, but resisted the temptation to buy as I already have my pair from last year.

And now Im really tired and can't really remember anything else significant or worth blogging, so I am going to say nighty night.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I cried immeadiately as the last penalty was scored. Why did it have to be him? A United player and one of my favourites at that? And then all that business with Rooney. Grrr. No comment.
    I was numb for hours afterwards.
    Misery just isn't a strong enough word.
    I felt stupid for believing we actually had a chance.


    xx

     
  • At 12:12 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    Grrr.
    He's such a slimeball.
    How can you like him?
    My sister's the same, "oh he's so fit!", "he's so gorgeous".
    Eugh.

    OMG and now Beckham has retired as England Captain.

     
  • At 6:07 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    Yes, he is very nice looking, but even if he had a face like Prince Charles I'd still like him, just because of the amazing things he can do with a ball. I mean, he really is pure magic. Sure, not everything he does works out, but you have to give him props for being cheeky enough to try. And you are never bored watching a game that involves him. And I think (and hope) that he really regrets what he did. However, even I had to giggle at some of the pics on this site dedicated to your favourite slimeball : http://ihateronaldo.com/. Come on, surely you didn't think I was THAT forgiving.

    And yes, I saw Becks' press conference and all I can say is "Glory hallelujah!". What took him so long? He was once a great player, and I appreciate everything he did for United (at least until he got to big for his boots and started paying less attention to his game and more attention to his modeling career), but these days all he can really do is cross the ball and take good free kicks. Sure he saved our arses against Ecuador and in the group stages, but I think we would've scored more goals had he not been on the pitch slowing everything down. I've been saying for over a year that the captaincy should go to either Terry or Gerrard (I would prefer Gerrard but my money is on Terry. It's time for a fresh new start, granted, we are highly unlikely to get one, what with Sven's right hand man taking over, but a new captain is a start.


    xx

     
  • At 6:54 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Wow, a post written backward! Interesting, because first you stated how it all went wrong, then you started with the begining!

    Cool format, I might try that!

     
  • At 12:27 pm, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said…

    I just don't think other nations quite understand our paon. Hmph.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home