ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006


So that was it.
The last A-Level exam was yesterday.

I can't believe it.
Two years of 6th form is finally over.
It's very slowly sinking in, especially as I write this. A strange grin/in awe expression is creeping up on my face.

It's just that, you go through school looking up at everyone and being scared of GCSE's and then of A-Levels, and one day, BANG you've done it.

You're suddenly one of the people you used to listen to about what they're like, and how hard it all is.
I can remeber when I first started at school in the first year, we used to think the 6th formers were these big adults walking around in these big adult suits, but then when you get there yourself, it's so different.

Anyway, the exam.
Playful Azuric just wants to forget about it, but Serious Azuric would like to address it.
So, I will keep it brief.
It was the Chemistry Synoptic.
It was not really hard, but then it was not easy.
Upon starting I began to panic as my brain was so frazzled I had forgot so much basic stuff.
The first (compulsory) question was phrased in an annoyingly confusing way, but I managed to do it in the end.
After this, there were 2 more questions, out of 3 that had to be answered.

I could kick myself.
I didnt read one of the questions properly, and so gave an answer based upon the Haber process to a question about the Nitric acid process.
Grrr!

But, as playful Azuric rightly points out, there's nothing that can be done now, so I'm just going to forget about it, and hope that I get the grades.
Meh, its all up to fate.

After the exam, everyone went home.
I know, how sad!
It was such an anti-climax.

A, N, and I went to a really nice new Mexican restaurant near our school, ChimiChanga.
It's the third time N and I have been there for lunch.
The buffet is delicious, and only a fiver.
N and I decided to celebrate by ordering a ChimiChanga Fizz.

You should have seen N's face when it arrived. Infact I was shocked too, a small child's head could have fitted into the vessel.
But it was gorgeous.

After that, I went job hunting! More on this exciting adventure in a future post.

I hung around in town with N and A for the rest of the day, buying melons to fill with Vodka (N's idea) and browsing in the Topman sale, and then was taken for a hair cut by Mum on the way home.

At about a quarter to nine, I got a lift with R, B, and another A (We will call her AT), to this bar in the student area of the city called Sumo, which N had chosen as it apparently had a "buy one get two free" offer on.
However, upon arrival we found that as all the students have gone, so have the offers.
It was a great night nonetheless. N, A, K, M were already there when we got there, and G joined us soon after, followed eventually by RG and KB.

We sat around a table squished together on one long curved sofa, and talked, joked and watched the match.
After that, the drinking games began. Except as some weren't drinking, they used limes instead. Don't ask.
I love "I have never".
Its such a great game.
The person who invented it should get a merit.

At first the "I have never's" were aimed at N, and then a period of exchanges between N and AT began, as the rest of us lapped up all the goss, and were in hysterics.

Later, everyone decided to turn on me as apparently they "love to see me pissed".
But I've only been "pissed" twice, and I'm very responsible with alcohol.
Infact, I even used "I have never drunk so much that I've been sick" to get AT, A, N, G and M.

Ooh ohh! N even used her notorious phrase again!

At about eleven, Sumo was dead, so we decided to move on.
We stood outside The Looking Glass deliberating whether or not to go in for about 5 minutes.
K, N, and B wanted to go in because some guys were waving at them through the window.
But they were sleasy and old.
And the girls even said that themselves!
I don't get girls sometimes.

K tried to persuade everyone that we should go there as "They have live music!", but then KB pointed out that, "Live music is crap, that's why it's not on CD's", to which everyone laughed.

Then we moved on to The Orange Tree, which had an ominous bouncer at the door.
N and I walked straight in but nearly all the rest were ID'd.
A and K are under 18 so we thought we'd have a problem, but K had a fake ID and A just showed his Driving Licence anyway and still got in!

The OT was really nice, upstairs we took over a few sofas, a table and some poofs.
Ah yes, you can imagine what happens when you get a few merry teens near furniture that has a funny name.
The crowd was good too, students and 20-somethings.
I like places like that, where there are no chavs, or stabbings on the dancefloor.
Some people take Sophie Ellis-Bextor lyrics too seriously.
Although, some of the people who were in Sumo before were taking E's in the toilets there.
And what do I care if you're taking drugs, but could you have made it anymore obvious?

"Okay mate, Im coming out [of the cubicle] now. Oh that water and lager was good".

"Yeah, better than E and lager like you said before."


The "guard" friend clearly hadn't learnt the art of subtlty.

We stayed there until Midnight but then had to go as R was driving us home.
Then I got home, grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen, came up to my "pad" [You have to see it, it's amazing!] and did my English homework, before going to bed.

Right, Im off.
Bye.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger ferox said…

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I always find hanging out with friends the proper way to celebrate.

     
  • At 11:35 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    oh god...so many initials!
    sounded like you had lots of fun though, and you totally deserved a break. not to state the obvious or anything but you have been working really hard.

    also:
    I HAVE A NEW BLOG. HOORAY!
    ...at least pretend to be excited.

    :-P


    xx

     
  • At 12:18 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    Ferox: Isn't it.
    I think it was so much better because almost all of us finished together and were doing the same subjects so had gone through it together and were all feeling the same way.

    IFB: :O NEW BLOG! Where is it? Where is it? *Jumps up and down*
    :P

    WV: azshfu - now that is scary.

     
  • At 11:25 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    I have nothing to add, but the WV is too good to miss.

    WV: folyeio

    Ok, so not quite as good as Az's sneeze, but it does have nice tone of struggling dyslexic/dismal scrabble hand to it.

    [Drat, Blogger bluggered it up, so the WV no longer stands, and so this post is pointless, said the Norse god Thwyirkj].

     

Post a Comment

<< Home