ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, October 28, 2006


I had a very different day today.

B (remember B from school? My friend who is now at UCL) came down to meet me here in Kensington and then we went for a walk in Hyde Park.

It was nice to catch up and exchange stories of how we are now Londoners and the buzz has gone, this is home, blah-de-blah, and we were both in awe at the greenery and wide open space. It's going to be so nice at Christmas. I hope it snows!

Upon entering the park we headed in the direction of the pond where we sat for a while talking more and wishing we'd brought our cameras, and then made our way to the Palace after getting lost on the way and ending up at the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Garden first.
Obviously we couldn't afford to go into the Palace so left after B stole a rose from the gardens.

We made our way out onto Kensington High Street and spent quite a while there in the shops (just window shopping obviously) and lunching.

Urban Outfitters is so amazing!
I've been to the one in Birmingham but this one puts it to shame.
As soon as we both walked in the Graffiti books grabbed our attention and we both gasped with excitment as we saw Banksy's Wall and Piece.
We flicked through the pages admiring Banksy's amazingness and it was then that B told me she's planning to try graffiti because there's a wall in Camden where people do their own things.
I'd so love to but its hard to
A) do something that's actually art
B) not step on another artists toes

At about 4 pm-ish we walked back to my place and played a game of pool before I dropped her off to the SK Tunnel

Tomorrow I'm meeting my cousin (CD) for coffee and lunch in Covent Garden.
Although before I do that I need to do all my washing and try and get to the gym for a bit.
Oh and maybe do some bloody work.

I don't know what's happened to me, I used to be so organised and on top of my work.
I still haven't caught up with stuff because of missing things during Freshers and I feel so not in control of things.
Saying that I'm still ahead of most people. I think.

Anyway, all this points to the fact that I'm now really happy here. London is amazing. And it's my home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home