ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Music Videos and Loan Ads


Fever! In the moring. Fever all through the night! I have a fever!

My God I feel so crap. This is possibly the 3rd worst time that I've been ill that I can remember, although the other 2 times were much worse than this.

Anyway, as a result, I was at home "recovering" today with nothing to keep me company but a bunch of soggy tissues, which more resembled Origami-gone-wrong, than Russian Dolls.

As I was bed/sofa bound, I spent the whole day wrapped in my duvet with 3 layers on and the fire going, watching TV.
I did attempt to watch a Will & Grace double bill that was on, but as that consisted of 2 1o minute portions of the comedy sandwiched between 40 minutes of patronising plonkers offering car insurance and bimbo women telling me that my CCJs wont be a problem and that I could consolidate all my existing monthly outgoings into one managable monthly repayment, I was forced over to the several music channels Sky offers.
And I swear, if that frizzy-haired cow asked me if I wanted an ICS diploma one more time...

So the music videos, and one thing that I didnt tire of seeing repeatedly was Rihanna's new video for
S.O.S. Mmmmm like a galaxy caramel bar thats melting in the summer sun. I loved her in Pon De Replay, and in If Its Lovin, but this has to be her best video to date, and that green dress! (If you can call it a dress)

I also finally saw Orson's video for No Tomorrow.
Oh my god their all old and bald! Its so weird when you find that what you think they would look like is nothing like what they actually look like.
Oh and a conversation I had with mum last week:

Me: Mum! Orson are touring again!
Mum (feigning interest with a twist of sarcasm) : Hai? (Really? In Gujerati)
Me: Yeah.
Mum (still feigning) : To jaje (Then go)
Me: Can I? Its at the end of May, begining of June
Mum: Im so sorry for you.
Me: But half of my exams will be over then...
Mum: *Gives "the look" *
Me: Stupid Orson tour manager...

Ooh ooh! And I saw the Feeling's video for Sewn. No cider or sun in sight. Guess Any wins that one. And is it just me, or does the lead dude look like Tom Cruise?

My new favourite band. (That expression is so re-usable.) Im loving The Kooks. The band has a great lead vocalist and Naive is a great track.
"And I know that she knows that Im not fond of askin'..."

An old video, but Hard-Fi's Hard To Beat. I really liked how multi-racial this video was. The song tells of a guy and a girl getting together and in the video they show 3 couples getting...coupled. One White, one Asian, and the other Black. They didn't have to do that but I appreciated that they did.

And finally it seems that its not Just me that thinks MR's take on RH is great. But whatever your opinion of the song, you can't deny that the video is fantastic!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home