ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


I guess I had better let you know what I've been upto since last thursday.


Well not much actually.

Friday was a day of feeling eugh from the night before whilst trying desperately to clean shoes that were and still are totally ruined (why oh why did I wear tan leather loafers to a foam party?!).

I was supposed to go out on Friday night to Revo's with my sister and cousins but decided to pull out because I was feeling so eugh.
Despite the pleading I said no and remained at home, later to regret it when my sister texted me to inform me that two of our family friends, our neighbour, a boy she knows my age who's also doing medicine, and "everyone" was there.

Oh well.
Hopefully I'll learn from this to stop being so housebound and get out more.
She forgot to take her key with her so being the wonderful brother that I am, I waited up till 2am for her. At this point she tells me that she's no longer getting a lift and will get a taxi, so I went to pick her up, an act which recieved the comment, "aww you're like a big brother now".

On Saturday the four of us went to my cousins who live in Hertfordshire to stay for the night. As we hit the motorway the music argument brokeout (thankfully there were no Indian CDs in my sisters new car, and the CDs we did have were rubbish).

Surprisingly it was mum in the back who settled things by ordering me to turn on Radio1 as they "play fine music at this time".
Incidently she was right - it was Judge Jules live from Cafe Mambo live in Ibiza (see the link in the post below). All of us love House music, appart from my dad, so whilst my sister and I were applauding her for her choice and turning up the volume, my mum taunts my dad with a "ner-ne ne ne-ner".
It was so funny. You probably had to be there. But it was.

When we got there we ate, sat and talked which was nice because I hadn't seen any of them in ages and we are really close to them (my mums sister, her husband, their son [one year younger than me] and their daughter [three years younger]).
I was also presented with 2 cards - for passing my exams and driving test, with £10 in each, which was really good.

On Sunday my dad, uncle, sister, younger cousin and I went to PC World where my older cousin works. They happened to stock the particualar model of Laptop I had my eye on and so we went to go check it out (and make use of his staff discount).
After I'd had a play around with it my dad asked what I wanted to do, and then rang my mum (he can never make a decision without her say). I said that it was the best model I'd seen considering its specs and how small it was, and mum didn't seem to bothered.
And then he just bought it for me. I was shocked because normally with these things my parents like to go away and think about it for 5 months.
But dad just bought it there and then.
My brand new sexy Philips Freevents X52!
It's so sexy.

Later that day we went to the Hare Krishna Temple for the Janmasthami festival there which was really good. I love how every year the displays in the grounds are all different, and the mix of people you find there. This year I saw a Jamaican Hare Krishna. We met our friends, stood around whilst eating hot fresh food, and then tried to go home.

I say tried to because we spent a further hour and a half looking for the parents car (my cousins and I came in my cousins car, the parents and my sister in hers).
After about an hour of driving around looking for the car we discovered that they had parked in a different field to us and hadn't remembered the corresponding colour.
And then when they found the car, they realised that they had lost my aunty!

Anyways, I had better go, I'm being nagged to do housework.
I think my mum's making the most of me while I'm still here.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:19 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I love how close you are to your family. It's so sweet. Especially your relationship with your sister and mum, it always makes me smile.


    xx

     
  • At 11:10 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    I guess I had better let you know what I've been upto since last thursday.

    Well not much actually.


    Still true?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home