ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, December 02, 2006




My my, what a day...

God I swear I've been all over London today, my feet are so sore.

I had arranged to meet my cousin, CD, in Notting Hill today to go to a designer secret sample sale just off Portobello road at 1pm and so ended up there just after midday.
The sale was crap - there was nothing nice and anything that I'd remotely consider wearing was like a million pounds even with discount. Think I'll stick to my student-friendly High Street shops thank you very much.
And the people there were so up themselves. Get over yourselves you art school drop-outs.

So after that we browsed around Portobello market and wow how nice is Westbourne Grove!
By this time we were quite hungry so went to Nando's just by Notting Hill Gate station and at about half 3 I said goodbye to her at the station and began my walk down Kensington Church Street home.
I can't believe how close everywhere is to me, I'm in such a nice location. No more pointless tube journeys, plus overground is so much nicer, cheaper, and easier. Plus I get to know my area better.

After leaving her I went to H&M on Kensington High Street to get that hoody that I foolishly didn't buy the other day. They didn't have any left in my size (because it's so damn popular) and so as I had absolutely nothing to do I decided to walk to the store in Knighstbridge.
They also didn't have it (I was really pissed-off to find this out) and had also sold out of my size in this V-neck red merino wool jumper that I wanted. How dissappointing.
I bought the grey blazer though because it is really nice and things like that you can wear all year round.
I left there and was adamant that I wouldn't be defeated so made my way to Regents St. which is where I almost bought the hoody the first time.

Bloody hell how packed is Oxford St. at this time of year. And the police were trying to open the road and so force everyone on to the pavement even though there was no space whatsoever. Maybe this is why people do their Christmas shopping in July.
As I was passing the TopShop/Man flagship store I could have sworn it was snowing, but the snow was falling just over that building and nowhere else.
Either Santa is trying to tell me something or they have one sweet idea for Christmas decorations...

Anyway, that H&M had it, but again not in my size! Stupid Size Small stylish londoners.
After asking if they were going to get any more the sales assistant suggested I try their Covent Garden store.
I'm stubborn. If I want something, I try my very best to get it. Some may say that's a bad quality. Some may say it's drive/determination/ambition/motivation etc.
I don't care, off I was to Covent Garden.

There, at the very back of the store they had it. The first on the rack was a M, the second was a L and the third? Well, third time lucky!

They'd also sold out of the Small size in that red jumper, and only had blue left in my size.

The lessons learned from this:
1) If you like it, buy it!
2) Never go to H&M with me.

I think the Knightsbridge and Covent Garden stores are the only 2 in London that have all the Menswear sections that H&M do.

So there you have it, everything you ever wanted to know about Hennes, by and obsessive.

On the way back I randomly ended up in the middle of Soho. I'd done all of this without an A-Z by the way as I'd forgotten it in my room.
I was walking down Old Compton St, and then Brewer St. but I didn't find an alleyway that was funny. At least I don't think I did. (Private Joke)
Finally I managed to get back to Regents St. (big mistake) and managed to weave my way through the crowd to the underground!

And now, I'm very tired and will probably do a little work before I climb into bed and get some much loved sleeeeep.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:19 am, Blogger Jess P said…

    Question:
    What exactly is a "jumper"?
    Because in my mind, it is something akin to overalls, and that just doesn't go with the uber-stylish view I have of you, seeing as my personal opinion is that overalls should NEVER be seen on anyone over the age of 3. Ever. No matter how pregnant you may be, no matter how comfortable they may feel.

    So please, set my heart at ease and tell me that a jumper is something different, that I am off my proverbial rocker. Please...?

     
  • At 6:13 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Hehehe, no a jumper is like...a pullover you guys might call it?
    Traditionally made of wool.
    Ringing any bells?

     
  • At 6:01 am, Blogger Jess P said…

    Ahhh yeah a sweater.

    Whoa that makes sense, cuz in Harry Potter Rons mum makes jumpers for everyone for Christmas...and why would she knit them overalls!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home