ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Hurray!

We have sun-shine in the morning! (And I dont mean Ash, although we have that also!)

We have windows flung open! (Fresh warm air!)

We have azure skies! (Its the best kind you know)

We have dwarf daffodils! ('cos they're so much cooler)

We have clocks forward for British Summertime! (So what if we lose one hour)

Spring has finally sprung!
And it's easter, chocolat est imminent!

But enough of the weather appreciation society's press release.
There was a party last night. It was a big one. 3 people in the year, joint birthday do, last party before exams, held at the Walkers Stadium.

Last night I was feeling great, if not charmingly inebriated.
In the early hours of this morning I was merely feeling inebriated, and when I woke up, well...
I dont think it was a hangover, just tiredness, but symptoms included a spinning head, aching generally, slight nausea, and the requirement to nod-off against any surface within reach. Is that a hangover?

Oh and guess who had an end of term service this morning. It would have been hilarious to watch all the prefects rubbing their heads, stumbling over, and nodding-off during the whole thing, had I not been one of them.
I still havent recovered, but it was worth it.

In other news, my friend (the gay one*) got an offer from Imperial also! He is defering for a year so this means I will be a second year student when he starts, but its still great that we will be in the same place.

[*As a pose to the one who "likes" monkeys, or the one who I secretly like, or the ones that fancied me or any others mentioned previously. I really should start lettering them shouldn't I]

Anyway, Im going to go and lie on the floor in the hope that that will somehow stop the ache.
And remember kids, never mix drinks!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    A party held in a stadium? That's some friends you have there, and some party.

    a spinning head, aching generally, slight nausea, and the requirement to nod-off against any surface within reach. Is that a hangover?

    No, I think it's called revision.

    And I'm all for numbering friends or at least labelling them. Only I forget what names I gave them, so some of them have more than one (but hey, if it makes it look like I have more friends, that can't be bad, can it?). But if you're doing numbers, bear in mind some of us aren't so synaesthetic (apologies for originally typing that as "synthetic"), so 1 might not seem so radically different from 7.

    And did I miss the monkey-liking? Are you a closet monkey-liker?

     
  • At 8:41 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    It sure sounds like a hangover. Especially the nausea part.

    Can you tell us more about school life? What is this hierarchy "prefect" stuff? Sounds like boarding school, but don't you live at home?

    I'm just curious, not nosey!

     
  • At 1:23 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Any: Yeah it was, as one of my friends put it, "a heavy venue!"

    I came to the conclusion it was a hangover on top of anticipating revision. Im avoiding reaction constants as we speak. (that should be - as I type shouldnt it?)

    *Looks at his clothing* - hmmm largely cotton based, with partial syntheticness.
    Yeah I think I will start lettering, but I need to make a key so past referals tie in with future references.

    And can't you remember the friend with the kama sutra and the "f**k-a-monkey!" phrase?

    Rob: Im a prefect at school, im sure you have them in American High Schools also. And yeah, I live at home, no boarding for me, thank God!

    Anyways, better get back to the books...

     
  • At 12:18 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Drink water. Always works unless you're so drunk that you can't tell when to stop, and so make yourself ill.

    For some reason, in my mind blogging, comments and email all are speech not writing.

    FAM: Oh. Oh yes.

    Prefects = major fun, huh? I was a Maths prefect. Meant I spent my lunchtimes in the library (arranging overdue messages, which got read out in assembly, for things like Sweet Valley High books for the vicious, bullying captain of the rugby team. French for Beginners for my French French teacher [who wasn't so good at English] was also a classic).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home