ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

This comedian is simply fantastic.

He's an Canadian-born Indian by the name of Russell Peters, and in my opinion the funniest (desi) thing since Goodness Gracious Me.

I first watched his "Comedy Now!" show after a friend told me about it and was laughing so much/hard that I actually ended up on the floor!
When my parents came to see what the commotion was, they ended up staying to watch also.
My friends have also seen it and my friend Nick and I torment my maths teacher every lesson by quoting almost the entire show, much to the amusement of the rest of the class.
I've seen it 6 times now, yes a whole 6 times, and still love all the jokes.

They are not just Indian centred though. He draws on his Asian roots, but also explores attitudes towards race that is, whilst sometimes contraversial, hilarious and hard-hitting.

Below is a short clip, but I urge you to watch the whole show on Google Video!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home