ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006


It has been had.

The pre-exam, lock-down conversation that is.
I am now offically banned from the net until July and from going out to parties. (Im agreeing with the latter, but the first bit, schyeah whatever!)

Basically, Im entering exam period so posts from now until the end of June will be few(er) and far between, and probably lacking in juicy-blog-quality.
Just a heads-up, but keep checking just in case.

I had a chem mock today.
Not sure exactly how it went. I answered every question, but whether it was the right answer, Im doubtful in some cases.
Most of the weekend was spent revising for that. But as a result of an email conversation with a certain someone, and in order to keep myself sane, I watched 4 hours of The O.C.

Omg its soo great!
I laughed so much at the bit where Seth goes to the open day at Brown Uni to try and blag his way in and doesn't have a name badge so just grabs the one nearest him.
Then the tour guide is like, "You're name's Kumar?"
And Seth replies, "Yes. Kumar Zimmerman. I’m half Indian, half Jewish. I am a Hinjew."

Seth is my secret idol.
My uncle once said that he reminded him of me for some reason, and two of my friends said the same thing. But that was just because my hair was slightly longer and I was wearing the Seth trade-mark shirt and jumper combo.

Also today, N, A, and I were at the back on the Coach going to games, and randomly started talking about sex (As is natural for teenagers on the back of a bus [err...talking about that is, not having...although...judging by some of the chav's these days...]).

Then N goes, "We worked out that if I was a guy, I'd be quite small", as she held out her hand, index finger and thumb outstreched.

(This is all based on the rumour that penile length is equivalent to the distance between the tip of the index finger and the tip of the thumb. - I know you're all checking now, even the girls!)

A and I both laughed, because she wasn't well endowed.
I checked my own hand after saying it was a whole bunch of crap, and then wished I hadn't said anything, as N jokingly began stroking my knee with an "Ooh hello..."

Then A, competative as he is, stretched out his hand and for a split second seemed pensive before coming out with, "but what if its curvy?"

N and I both looked at each other and burst out laughing, and were unable to stop the whole of the rest of the way, only stopping for the occasional breath or to cry "curvy!".

And so was born A's new nickname - Curvy.

Anyway, best be off to revise,
Adios

12 Comments:

  • At 10:55 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Hand-finger-thing: left or right? I've just discovered that although might right index finger is fractionally longer than my left, I can't stretch my right hand as wide.

    And does this mean my long fingers can be sued for false advertising?

    You had a mock? I had full-blown proper one, complete with a pile-driver next-door. Surprisingly, it wasn't hellish, but wasn't superb either.

     
  • At 12:28 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I'm definitely going to have to limit my time on the net starting NOW too. It's so hard though...
    Perhaps the last blog I posted (Vaca = Cow) will be my last for a while. Perhaps...
    You don't seem to be too far behind us as far as The OC goes. + Funnily enough, Seth says things sometimes that I can imagine you saying + vice versa.
    + yes, I did check what my penile (did not know that that was a word until now) length would be + was going to measure it and tell you what it was before I realised that rulers are impossible to find in my house, despite the fact that both my parents are art teachers. Psh. So I'll have to save that revelation for another time.


    xx

     
  • At 4:29 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Your curvy friend has a point!

    Besides, everybody knows size doesn't matter.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Any: Either hand I think, but im assuming people would just go with the longest.
    Hopefully exam went well. They should somehow take into account the pile-driver, that is quite unfair. Much worse than some teachers who wear sqeaky shoes and haven't seemed to master the art of whispering properly anyway.

    IFB: The UK is way behind on The OC. Azuric however is in time with the US. Thats all im saying. :-$

    Rob: Hmmm....yeah, "its what you do with it that counts" right?

    Wow - blogger has a new word verification thingy for...disabled people apparently. Thats really thoughtful. Although, if they cant see the word verification thingy, how did they read the blog in the first place?

     
  • At 7:39 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    So this is the only thing where I'm left-handed then?

    Exam: apparently they stick mitigating circumstances on the attached notes, but I doubt the examiners actually read them. Anyway, I've got another on Friday, oh and on Monday, and I'm still in the preliminary revision stage. Maybe I should just memorise the past papers, as in Tuesday's exam question 3 was question 2 last year (how shockingly poor is that? If I've got put effort into revising they could at least put effort into writing the things).

    As for WV: that explains it. I'd been trying to find the wheelchair key for ages.

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Hey don't complain! We count on that happening in our mocks. Plus, that means you should have been able to answer that question fine.
    What are the questions like? I tried to remember what exactly you do, and thought of air freshners and slime.
    But I think I meant air conditioning and bacterial mould growth.

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    Gotcha. How do you think I get my Corrie and Eastenders fix?? That's all I'm saying.... :)


    xx

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    OMG that is like soooo sad.
    At least I like "obtain" cool programs like The OC like.
    But soaps, that is like...totally sad.
    :-P

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Questions fine: if I'd written proper answers to the past papers rather than "Oh, it's A, maybe bung in a bit about B. I know this".

    Two example questions (both parts of bigger ones, with equal marks for each):
    - [Comment on] The main mechanisms governments can use to motivate the design of energy efficient buildings, and their advantages and disadvantages.
    - A conventional horizontal-axis wind turbine has been constructed on a site with an average wind speed 4.5 m/s. If the blades of the turbine sweep out a circular area with a diameter of 20 m, and are able to extract 35% of the maximum kinetic energy in the wind, what would be the average electrical power (in kW) produced? If the turbine operates at this speed for 24 hours, how much energy would be produced? It can be assumed that the density of the ambient air is 1.12 kg/m^3.


    But that was the exam on energy. Next comes ventilation (so not happy).

    And, having typed out the turbine one, I've just realised it's online so I could have copied and pasted it.

    Oddly, I choose not to answer the one [new this year!] with 30 marks for: Explain why a compact fluorescent light bulb may be considered a cost-effective replacement for a tungsten filament light bulb, when used for 24 hour corridor lighting in an institutional building, but not cost effective if used for a living room lit for 1 hour a day in an owner occupied house. Discuss the benefits and disbenefits [bloody engineers - there's no such word] in using discounted cash flow analysis and payback analysis to examine the cost effectiveness in both cases.

    Yay for here-and-now-ism and mathematical quirks that throws up. Still at least it's not acoustics with log-maths, where 2 + 2 does definitely not equal 4.

    Hmm, typing out long-winded exam questions using fingers which have only just finished scrubbing the fishy grill of the grill pan, when it wasn't even my fish (if you ever want me to hate you, cook kippers - I can't stand the smell. Then leave the stuff used dirty and kippery for a week). I think someone's displacement-activity-ing. Maybe I should go to bed instead.

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:26 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    If it wasn't for Corrie and Eastenders (which by the way I never EVER watched when I actually lived in the UK) I would be totally Americanized.
    Sometimes I just need to hear people outside of my immediate family speaking normally (that's not to say the way they speak in Eastenders is normal, but its alot better than how they sound where I live).

    And anyway, YOU are a boy who loves avocadoes (yuck) and hates pizza. Now THAT is sad :-P.


    xx

    PS. I think I win :-P
    PPS. OC tonight!! OMGOMGOMG Je suis excited! To think, in three months time you will be watching the same episode. I laugh in yo' face :)
    PPPS. I'm sorry I'm so insane today, but I had my first exam and it was SOOOOOO long.

     
  • At 4:55 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Rob: Hmmm....yeah, "its what you do with it that counts" right?

    That's exactly right, it's all about how you Rock-Da-Boat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home