ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, May 05, 2006


When I got home today an invitingly thick envelope was lying face down in the porch.

Just as I had thought, it was my Imperial College accomodation application form.

I was a bit disappointed to find that I couldn't actually choose the halls I wanted, but that I had to rate room type preferences from 1 to 7.

Im hoping to get a single, self-catered, en-suite room. Its going to cost £144 pounds a week. I know that is a *bleeping* load of money considering the accademic year is 38 weeks long, but I talked it over with my parents, and they agreed it was the best option.

I can tell mum is worried about all the costs mounting up, especially living day to day in London, but I really want to do this by myself. I dont want my parents to pay for it, I mean dont get me wrong, I'll happily accept the odd hand-out now and again, but I want to manage the whole financial side of uni myself. They've already given me enough, and its time they got to relax.

I will have a loan for maintenance and one for my tuition fees, which wont have to be paid back till after I graduate and am earning £15,000, so that will be sweet, plus I may also be entitled to a non-repayable grant.

All that, plus a possible job, is leading me to think I'll be okay financially, which is cool beans.

In other news, I got the results of that Chem mock back today.
I got a very disappointing C.
But just 2 marks off a B.
But still a C.

I hate chemistry, its so hard and depressing, and it gives you insomnia. Stupid chemicals

In even more other news (you can tell Im tired right?) I checked my blog stats today for the first time in ages, and according to StatCounter, it seems Im getting about 7 regular readers a day.
Now I cant trust StatCounter, because its all confusing, mixed up and to be honest a little crap. But the extreme tracker one doesnt seem to give information on returning visitors so its all I have to go on.

So, if you are one of the mystery people who does read this blog and you dont ever comment, please reveal yourselves, and leave me a comment! You know I like them.

Nighty night.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    But why do you need ensuite? I'm only questioning because the figure is twice what I'm paying, and I think mine is expensive (but then my head's still stuck on Exeter prices). Admittedly I do get the joys of things coming off in my hands, the plumbing being just a little bit temperamental, that holds-two-bits-of-carpet-together-under-a-door strip pulling out of the floor so squealing every time the door closes, and being marooned in the middle of some council estate which means all out war occurring right outside at 4.45 am. But I think the latter happens anywhere in London, so just think how happy you'll be when you're paying £150 a week for the privilege.

    1/7. Although that probably suggests I'm first, which might be a little contentious.

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Well your right, I don't really need an ensuite, but its not that much more expensive to have one, and sharing with 3 other people is fine, but when its 7 other people, who are all strangers...and the general inconvenience.
    I've put that down as my first preference. Im not that bothered, as long as I have my own room, I really do not want to share with one or two others.

    And all out war? Even in Kensington? Sigh, I thought I'd have it all posh there, at least for my first year.

    Anyway, I have to go revise two years of Chemistry in two days.
    Hope your revision is going well,
    bye.

     
  • At 4:16 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I still haven't decided whether the apartments or the intercollegiates will be the best. The apartments could be lonely but I need a certain level of privacy. I went with the intercollegiate as first choice and put the apartment as second but I might change it.


    xx

     
  • At 4:42 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Try sharing two baths with a floor of 32 other guys! Now that's truly awful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home