ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Thursday, April 27, 2006


Im loving Lilly Allen.

I first heard about her on AbstractBoy's blog and checked out her myspace as recomended.

From the moment the page sprung up I thought hey this is funky.

Her musical influences are really varied also, and her personality lively and funny, giving me the impression that I was going to like what I heard.



And I did indeed, LDN is such a great track!
A happy pop-ska sound with production that is so original/unique compared to most of the manufactured crap on the radio.

The song explores perceptions of London, and how "if you look twice" the city which we all love is not as perfect as it seems, "its all lies".

The lyrics, which are half rapped/half sung are quirky and amusing but also clever, and her velvety voice is just as gorgeous as she is.

Anyway, GO check it out now.
I keep listening to it over and over again!

Her 3 other songs available to hear are great as well, especially "Little Things" and "Everything's just wonderful".

Her funny/lively character shows most in her blog, and the thing I like most about her is how real and down to earth she is. Like one of us. Thats a stupid thing to say, but you'll know what I mean when you GO check out her space/blog.

Here's a lil bit from her blog, talking about shooting the video for LDN which is out soon (wikid!):

Saturday was the same thing , riding round the city all day , doing some talk to camera shit etc etc , its weird actually, being infront of a camera , I guess people think if you sing and write these songs you must be a natural at performing them like this , whatever . Sunday is last day of shooting , we start off in this park in Soho , where I used to play as a kid , and we ask the park keeper permission to film in the nice gardeny bit , he agreed . cut a long story shorthish , I'm wearing these trousers under my dress cause it's fucking freezing , and the director asked me to take them off cause you could see them in the shot . I told him to fuck off , or take his shirt off so he could see how he liked it , so he did( well down to his vest anyway ) . I kept my part of the bargain by taking my tracksuit bottoms off , when this park guy comes running out his shed with a RAKE ! telling us in an eastern european voice " get out , I no agree to make sex movie in my garden ". Picture me with my trousers round my ankles standing next to a bench and the director in a vest talikng through the shot , I can see where he was coming from , but he wouldnt let us explain . " please leave park " " no , leave park now , I no agree to this " . Funny eh ?
Anyway sunday shoot over and , I go and meet my mates Sid and Adam for dinner when finally, my Dad calls me to tell me I have a baby sister 7 .5 lbs , two whole days since Tamsin ( my dads missus ) went into labour . We couldn't believe it took her so long to deliver , must've been New Labour ( ha ha ha aha )


till next time
lily xx x x

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    I must be far too cynical. What kind of person has a childhood which includes playing in Soho Square? (there is no other park in Soho, unless she muddled it with somewhere else, which would rather ding her LDNR credentials). Add in the creative media hub-ness of Soho (and hence suggested parental careers), and her career is looking a bit less like chance.

    Now, what about that accent? If you were being cruel you could ask which one, as she segues between social groups with peculiar ease (but perhaps it is unintentional). I can't help but notice that her current home is Islington, long known for its depravity (look, the Blair's lived there, so it must be).

    And she rode her bike down Primrose Hill (very, very banned), as well as round lots of other places, yet at no point did a policeman or LU worker appear to stop her (which given how many jobsworths London has...).

    But other than that...

    Oh and her blog spawns a junkware installation loop, which is not really the best idea.

    And if you've seen the LDN video, is anyone else wondering if the director was a guy, hence the short skirt, cycling, low angle combo? Or was it intentionally done to boost sales?

    Better finish before this [OK] only installation thing decides it wants to install.

    I probably ought to mention the music though. It's Ok, I suppose, although I'm not great fan of London, and much of it makes me try to remember what it's being "inspired" by.

     
  • At 2:14 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Soho parks: Except the awful Golden Square, of course.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home