ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006


I had detention today.

I know!

Me!

Detention.

Ha!

7 years of good behaviour. Being a Senior prefect. And in the last term of my last year I get a detention.

When I got the reminder in maths today, everyone wanted to know what it was about so I told them.
Then my maths teacher asked, so I replied,
"Well I've never had one so I thought I'd see what the experience is like before I leave."

We also had a meeting this morning for all the (prospective) Medics, Dentists, Vets, Physiotherapists etc. called by the Head of Biology - Mr D (who is also the guy who talks to the Med schools) and the careers advisor - Pea-head (the most annoying teacher ever, who speaks at a rate of 2 words every new moon, and with an exponential amount of um-ming and ah-ing).

Mr D just basically congratulated everyone who had managed to get offers and (stating the near-obvious) told us that this year had been the worst yet for Medical admissions.

Apparently Kings recieved, for only 140 places, a total of...wait for it...9000 applications!

And certain other universities had finally answered to his enquiries as to why most of us were so badly treated - apparently they were just so overwhelmed with applications that they selected people on an "eenie-meenie" basis!

Then Pea-head started talking so most people switched off or began rolling eyes/having mouthed converstations/banging their heads against any surface at hand.

He did begin also by congratulating us on "pulling through a tortuous process" and telling us that we had "immense amounts of pressure put on us" (Nah! You dont say!), but then went on to say "but thats life" and warned us to "get used to it"
And there's no better confidence boosting pep-talk than one which contains the phrase, "this is the begining of the end".

I wonder if his careers advisor ever gave him that talk.

Im off to bed.
Nighty night.

P.S. Wasn't The Apprentice so amazingly edge-of-seat fantastic today!

YOUR FIRED!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    A detention? You are soooooo bad ;). I've had two since I started High school, one for having my shirt untucked , and one for being about a second late to class (before they established the rule of 11 late slips before a detention). Yes, I know, I should be very ashamed of myself ;)
    I'm so sorry you had to sit through that horrific meeting. I hate career advisors. They just remind me of how much pressure I'm under. I can't believe he actually said "this is the beginning of the end", although if it is a happy ending then maybe it's not too bad :). I often wonder if people like that just ask you what you want to do after Uni because they are looking for ideas.
    I can't believe there were that many applicants for Kings!! I wish you had applied there though, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Perhaps you going to Imperial is fate.


    xx

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    So you got a detention just to see what the big deal was about!

    I don't believe you. Not for a second.

    Come on, tell us. Tell me at least, you know I'm dying to know... I won't be able to sleep tonight. Did you get into a fight? Did you pull some girls braids? Did you get a failing grade on your multiplication tables? Did the hall monitor catch you smoking on the third floor? Most of those were reasons I got detentions.

    You know they put that on your "Permanent Record" that follows you for the rest of your life. They now know you're a trouble maker! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home