ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Sunday, June 04, 2006



As you may be aware, Japan is notorious for its Love Hotels, where couples can check-in for a weekend of "fun".

I was looking through some of my pics taken in Japan and came across this, which was taken one evening as we were walking around in Kyoto. (what? Like it didn't get your attention either.)

It reminded me of a game my sister and her friends used to play where they took it in turns to think up amusing catchphrases and tag lines for the Love Hotels they spotted on long journeys.

The clear winners, agreed upon by all of them apparently, were:

Hotel Sexus - Where you're pleasure is our business...

and:

Hotel Sexus - Stay and come with us...


P.S. Yay, I've just had 1,001 views of my Flickr Photostream.
These are the most "interesting" in case you wanted to know.
Not bad for 167 photos and no pro account.
I really must get one though. Maybe I'll ask my sister for one for my b'day.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:27 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    When's your birthday?

    Hotel Sexus: It could just be an innocent misspelling of "success".

    A simple "Come in"?

    Ok, so I'm struggling to better your sister's efforts, but I'm sure there must be a lewd spin on "Tea making facilities in every room", beyond the vague link to Japanese teahouses.

     
  • At 6:21 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    15 September, so quite a while away still.

    Yours?

    Hmmmm I dunno, Sex-us Suc-cess?

    Hehehehe. I couldn't stop laughing when they first told me. What a perfect game for bored teenagers and 20somethings.

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Oh lucky you; that's the day my dissertation's due.

    25th July.

    Either that or they were trying to conjure up images of luxury denoted by the Lexus name (ok, so they're just over-priced Toyotas, but not everyone knows that), but didn't want to be sued.

    I'm now distracted by trying to think of inappropriate car names. Fancy a test drive of the latest Sexus model or the new Honda Phallic? What about the Mitsubishi Showgirl [or Shotgun]?

    And I'm not even doing that well. Ok, I'm tired so not really making sense. Time for bed.

    Night-night.

     
  • At 10:59 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    Lucky me?

    Thats a nice colourful date. (2 = blue, 5 = yellow, July = Monopoly Marlborough Orange-ish)

    Hehehe, Im just thinking of the fun they could have with the Suzuki Grand Vitara range.

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    For not having a dissertation (I was tired, ok?).

    Birthday colours: I think I've got a tie like that (actually, no I haven't. It's two blues and an orange; doesn't mean I like any more).

    Suzuki: Which reminds me, booked another test yet?

     
  • At 8:02 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    No haven't yet as have been examing, but must do it soon. I keep forgeting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home