ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Monday, September 18, 2006


Yay!

I can finally blog again. After a weekend of attempting to latch on to one of my grans neighbours Wi-Fi and only just succeeding and then coming home to a desktop PC who's wireless mouse had decided to just be -less, it feels so good.

Anyway, lets get down to it shall we...

Thursday

I had a great night out with all my school friends for my birthday.
We all met at Maiyango at about half eight, sat around for about 2 hours and then moved on to other bars and clubs.
I was really happy with the turn-out and I think it was a great mini-reuion before we all go our seperate ways.

What is cool is that my birthday will always be before everyone goes to uni and thus can always be the reunion excuse.

I love Maiyango.
It was jazz night that night so along with great music such as Gotan Project there were two live jazz musicians entertaining everyone.
The twenty-plus of us took over the seating area infront of the bar and caught-up over cocktails, including my flaming 'Zombie' birthday surprise.

Friday

Remember that thing I really wanted?

Well I was up at 7.30am on the morning of my birthday waiting, preparing, hoping, and mostly out of pure excitement.

At 8.45amI was ready at the computer, clutching my sisters credit card, my sister drowsily loading up my laptop, and my cousin, CA, on the phone also poised.

At 8.55am I began refreshing my browser religiously, and at exactly 9am got the page I was searching for...

...Ticketmaster.co.uk - order tickets for THE KILLERS - BRIXTON ACADEMY

Unfortunately, after one hour and seventeen minutes of constantly trying I still hadn't got any, and they'd all sold out.
My sister and cousin had already given up but I was still trying and trying until my sister told me off, and told me to "get over it, you're not going!"

I was so pissed off, 20 minutes after they'd gone on sale they were up on eBay for over £200 and still climbing. Bastards.

Apparently some of the venues had sold out in 5 minutes. Just 5 minutes!
Grrr!
The Killers always underestimate their UK fans.
These venues are all so small.
I mean, the Wolverhampton Civic Hall? Come on!


Eugh, they are like my favourite band of all time ever.
Hot Fuss was like the soundtrack to my 6th Form life.

And my sister was so harsh about it, "God, they'll tour again. It's not the end of the world".
Yeah, and maybe I'll get tickets then.
And maybe the Fratellis will be supporting.
And maybe there'll be a rainbow over the stage, with a pot of gold at the end of it.

Mum rang about 40 mins in to ask how it was going, and when I told her she said that if she won the lottery the next day, she'd buy me some off eBay.
See - thats what I'd like to hear.

And there's something so 'slap you round the face, kick you in the crotch' annyoing about you not getting any tickets, but the friend who you told about them getting some.

At least someone got to go because of me. I can feel happy about that.
But what I can't do is listen to any Killers stuff with out imagining it live and getting upset.
Never have song lyrics been so painfully fitting...

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea (damn right)...
...Destiny is calling me (yeah, away!)
Open up my eager eyes (and deal with it)
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Okay, finally moving on...
The rest of my day was good.
In the evening my parents and sister took me out to this really nice new Indian restaurant which I quite liked though I dont think my dad did.
The food was a bit too catered to western tastes for him I think.
The aesthetics of the place were amazing though, it was like an Indian palace with loads of statues, nice lighting, Hindu astrological signs on the ceilings and you get the idea...

Right, I'm really tired (as you can probably tell), so I'm going to bed.

Seesya later.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:23 am, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    I already talked about all of this entry i my e-mail to you, so I'm going to comment on the last one:

    WHY are you going to be on an Asian radio station? You can't just tell us something as exciting as that and not give us all the details!
    And as for the jeans thing- low- rise will never stop being cool (I hope. You will not beleive how many lads' underwear I have seen since I moved in. They have given a whole new definition to low-rise jeans. And I kinda like it : )


    xx

     
  • At 6:54 am, Blogger Rob7534 said…

    Send us a clip of the radio broadcast!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home