ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, February 09, 2007


"Thank God it's over!", I thought as Dr. XY came to the end of his lecture on Mircocirculation in the Cardiovascular system. Like most people I hadn't caught much of it as I'd been dosing away.

It was as I got up and reached for my bag that I heard it, that famous scary/horror opera-ish music that's always used in devil-ish horror scenes, blaring from the speakers.

Just as I looked up they burst in through the bottom doors of the lecture theatre.

Men in balaclavas and blue mechanics overalls. Around 10 of them I guessed, it was too hard to count them as they quickly spread throughout the lecture theatre and moved up the stairs into the audience.

I think it scared me more because I knew who they were.

Whilst others looked around at each other with expressions of fear and confusion, I looked to the floor thinking "Oh shit, oh shit, please not me!"

A shiver of fear ran down my spine as the cries and moans of the opera carried on, and the masked men spread around the room behind me.

Suddenly there was a cry from one of them, "here!", as the others all came running.

"Move, outta' the way!" they ordered, as they pushed people aside and pulled one student out of his seat.

Ashamedly I was relieved when they picked him up and dragged him out of the lecture theatre...

Confusion turned to conversation, and fear to laughter as those who knew what was going on explained to those who didn't.

I already knew that students fate...

...to be dragged outside the department building, tied to a lampost, stripped naked, Gin-ed, and then pelted with eggs, flour, and tomatoes.

Yes that's right, the RAG Hit-Squad have arrived,

lectures are safe no more.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehe. (Was trying to work out how to type out the tune to the music, but couldn't quite get it)

    And I hope you were dozing away, not dosing away. The latter sounds like you may have had access to the cabinet in the medics training room :p

     
  • At 12:35 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    LOL. Yeh that's what I meant.

    Do you know the name of the music? It's going to really bug me if I don't find it out.
    I bet Any-hoo knows it.

     
  • At 11:50 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Carmina Burana by Carl Orff, I'd guess. It'll be in your email [if I don't nearly send you the overture from Carmen instead].

     

Post a Comment

<< Home