ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, June 16, 2006





I got a phone call from School today informing me that I have won the Biology prize.

Im such a geek.
I dont mean to be honest!
It just sort of...happens.

Maybe I should get some of those thick-rimmed black glasses.


Obviously Im happy, and its about bloody time too, but Its going to be so embarrassing, going up on stage at Speech day infront of everyone, especially as im as shy as a giraffe.


And what if I do something really stupid like fall over or something.




And what is it with parents getting so overexcited about these things?

My ears still haven't stopped ringing after telling my Mum and Sister.
Dad just gave a nice "Oh thats good. Well done"
Apparently they are all "definately going to come this year".


I hope this Speach day will be as good as last years.
The guest speaker was historian
David Starkey, who amongst other things decided it would be a good idea to talk about oral sex.

I dont think there has ever been a speaker who has held everyone's attention so well.

And the reaction of the Headmaster, who was sitting on stage behind him, was just priceless.

You should have seen the look on his face.
Absolutely hilarious.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Really? What did he do; The History of Oral Sex in the English Monarchy?

    WV:igggchz

     
  • At 10:49 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    Hehe, I cant remember exactly (it was last year).
    He started talking about how he grew up and things that happened to him when he was at school, and then gave words of advice and stuff to inspire us.

    I think he was talking about something and then out of the blue likened it to oral sex.
    As you can imagine, all the kids laughed and all the teachers gasped with shock. He on the otherhand continued as if nothing had happened.

    It was bad enough for the Headmaster to issue appology letters with the end of year letter to parents.

    We all thought it was hilarious, not (just) because of the reference, but (more) because of the Head's red, dumbstruck face.

    Anyway, how have you been?
    Whats this about potential employers?
    Good luck.

    WV: Tretn

     
  • At 7:23 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Which only leads me to wondering what he thought was like oral sex, and which particular aspects he thought relevant.

    I take it your head has never heard of blithely ignoring anything?

    As for how I am... that's probably a hint to blog, which I'll do at some point soon.

    Just as soon as the fire alarm stops...

    Back now.

    WV: vcavkavo

     
  • At 8:33 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Eww...I'd really rather not ponder that thought.

    Fire alarm? Did you leave your hair straighteners on again...or was it the oven?

     
  • At 11:24 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Wasn't me (oddly I didn't set it off when I cremated a flatmate's frying pan; he'd left about an inch of oil sitting in a pan after frying a steak in it [yes, he'll die soon, and yes he'd left it for a week unwashed]. I filled a saucepan with water, put it on the stove, turned it on, went back to my room to await the rattle of lid, and starting emailing in the interim. The lid never rattled, but I started smelling roast beef, and then couldn't really see when I opened the kitchen door. It turns out I'm not very good on left and right, you can't see which hob is on because it's electric, and er, there was only black stuff left in the fryingpan [evil, sticky black stuff that doesn't dissolve in water, laughs in the face of detergent and could probably kill seabirds]).

    Hair straighteners: thus speaks the voice of experience. :-P

     
  • At 11:52 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    *Stands in corner and whistles casually*.

    We have had multiple hair-dyer blow-ups though. Well when I say we, I mean my Father and Sister have...and the carpets too for that matter.

    WV: ygylok
    Heehee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home