ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Very Exciting I'm Back Home Post

I'm in the Bauble lounge.

Uplighters glowing, suave beats of the Guidence Collection playing out of the speakers.

Blinds open, and conifers illuminated by the orange gate-lights of next door.

Ahhh. I'm home!

I mean London is home, but Leicester is "home".
I love this city, and I love my house.

The night out we planned didn't happen in the end because I'm not feeling too good, Amba wanted to spend time with her brother, and Manish was too tired.

So instead I'm chilling out here in the front lounge. The 'rents are watching TV in the kitchen (because for some unknown reason no one ever likes to go and sit comfortably on reclining sofas and watch TV on a bigger screen in the back lounge, weirdos).

And here is how I spent my day...

I spent £100 in Topman.

Oops.

I needed/wanted to get some smart clothes for when I visit my patients and wanted something a little more trendy than the boring suit and shirts I've had since 6th form.
Plus people in London are so stylish, I have to conform.

I was already in town when my mum rang asking if I wanted to meet her to go shop around because she'd finished work, and eventually we ended up in Topman.

I wanted to get some smart trousers in grey but wasn't happy with these new 'wide-leg' styles that are in.
They don't really work on skinny guys.

As I was discussing them with her the style-advisor asked if I needed any help.
I explained that I needed something both smart and trendy and he suggested a few things.
It's the first time I've ever made use of their services and I defintely recommend it.

I tried a couple of pairs of trousers on with these 2 shirts but neither of us were happy with the wide-leg style so he found me a really nice pair of more tapered ones.
He also suggested injecting some colour into the shirt-trouser combo with a red skinny tie, tied loosely.

I ended up getting:

A darkish grey and white fitted stripped shirt with white collars,
a light grey and pale-green shirt in the same style,
amazingly soft charcoal trousers with an ultra-thin white pin-stripe.

I didn't get the skinny tie because it was like £10 and I'm certain I can get one cheaper from Camden.
If not I can always check out H&M or Topman in London.

I must get a job in either of those 2 stores. I must.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:22 pm, Blogger In Full Bloom said…

    1) i'm starting to feel really lame for mot updating as much as you are.
    2) GO TO CAMDEN!! its actually amazing. do you fancy coming to Koko with me and a couple of my mates this friday?
    3) your favourite shops are the same as mine. its so bad having a topshop just 3 minutes walk from my campus!
    4) its really getting close to having to look for houses now! even though i know who i want to live with and the feelings are mutual, more and more people keep asking me to live with them and i feel awful when i have to say no. two of my 3 crowds don't get on and my 3rd crowd (the lads) keep telling me i have to live with them because the girls wont let me watch football if i live with them.
    grr...it just feels like a tug of war in all directions sometimes. not to mention the fact that i have no idea where i want to live. none of us seem to.
    5) harking back to a few entries ago- the family in bristol literally drove me crazy with their questions about boyfriends. "do you have a boyfriend yet?" over and over again. and whe i said, "no" they'd always be like, "awwww" and i had to be like, "no its okay, my life is actually quite good...."
    6)its always good going back to a normal house. they literally would not stop feeding me. but it also made me realize how mundane their lives are.


    xx

     
  • At 12:57 am, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    I... wanted something a little more trendy than the boring suit and shirts I've had since 6th form.

    Which was how long ago? I still wear things which are about half your age.

     
  • At 9:45 am, Blogger Azuric said…

    IFB:
    1)I'm starting to feel really lame for updating as much as I am.
    2)I'm hopefully going on Saturday. I don't know about KoKo - sounds good but my sister may be coming that night - I will let you know.
    3)There seem to be only 2 Topman stores in London, both of which are on Oxford Street.
    4)Eugh, at least you have people to live with, even if they are arguing over you. Dunno what I'm going to do...
    5)One way to shut them up would be to say, "no, but I do have a girlfriend".
    6)My parents are treating me like normal which is cool.

    Any:
    Yeah, but it's just a boring black suit. The only way to jazz it up is with a funky shirt/tie combo.
    Plus these things that I bought can double as casual too.
    I fully justify my spending.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home