ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Friday, November 17, 2006


I'm back home for the weekend. Woo!

Thought I'd make use of a free Friday afternoon (okay, so I skipped one lecture but shhh!) and Monday morning.

***We interupt this post to bring you a genuine mad panic:

Shit! shit shit shit!

I just got off the phone to Amba. We'd been talking about uni and how each other were finding it and the differences in our experiences of it.

But talking about it made me realise that I have to start house-hunting in January and still don't know who I'm going to live with!

I have one month of term left to find people who I want to live with.

She was talking about someone she knew who knew everyone and had loads of friends but had no one close to them.

I'm now worrying I'm the same, have I spread myself to thinly?

I don't have those 3-odd people who I am close to. But then again, that is more of a girl thing isn't it?

I mean I have raised the issue of house-hunting with people and I think Andrew and Susan kind of made references to us getting a place.

I did kind of want to live with Adam though, we live opposite each other now and are in the same tutorial group so I guess I know him more than anyone else.
Upon bringing up the convo with him, he said he was thinking about moving in with Davina and John.
They are both cool but I hardly know them whereas Adam goes out with them a lot.

Hmmm.

Panic panic panic!

***And now we return to our scheduled blogage:

It turns out that Nat and Amba are also down this weekend so we are going out to Revo's tomorrow with Manish for old times sake.

I got my hair cut finally (if you've seen Dan's blog you'll know what I'm on about).
I can't believe how expensive it is to get a simple style.

The cheapest I found was for £15 with a graduate stylist who looked my age or £11.95 at Super-cuts.

Being a bit of a style-snob (can't help it, sorry, I'm just too vain) I didn't want to go to Supercuts incase they didn't give consultations and messed it up but I'm actually glad I did.
She did a really good job and knew exactly what to do.


It's all short again which is quite strange (my poor long hair!) and I'm paranoid it makes me look 12, but its nice.
Me like.


Alex was pestering me to keep it long for when I go to HK because there are really funky stylists there apparently and it's really cheap, although I question what he defines as "funky".
He'll be annoyed that I got it cut short but it will grow a bit by then.

I think I want it dyed.
Not like ridiculously blatant or anything too camp, but my hair in the summer turns a dark brown colour and I wish it was like that all the time.
Black is boring.

Anyway, where was this going?

Oh yeah...I'm back home!

I have my lovely house,
I have home-cooked food,
I have SKY-900 channels of random crap-TV,
And I haven't forgotten how to drive.
Woo!

Home seems so small now, compared to LDN.
I was bored of here before I left, but now it's nice to be back.

I was walking round my old school area in town today looking for hair salons and saw all the places we used to hang out at.

It's weird that all that is over.
It seems like so long ago now.
The distant past.


Orson tracks really remind me of school, especially A-levels as Rathan used to play their album in his car on the way to and from exams all the time.
It was like the only album he had in his car.

And driving home today in the car, Ash - Burn baby burn came on.
I gasped so loudly that mum thought I was going to crash or something.
That track is a teen anthem!
It reminded me of 6th form and all the things we used to get up to in those days.


Okay, that's enough random rambling,

Azuric

2 Comments:

  • At 12:21 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Blackstock Road, near Finsbury Park, has half a dozen barbers, including a few shops who charge £4.50 (I found it while househunting last year); standard tends to be short but well cut (near the mosque so they get a lot of practice). But it's a long way from you, so...

    Central places: there's branches of Mr Toppers all over the place, £6, but a bit prosaic. A £5 place on... forgotten the name of the road, but it's the southern exit from Soho Square, opposite the side of the theatre, is a ok but a bit rushed (and they get narky if you ask them to correct something).

    There are various other cheap places but unless you happen to be passing through Fulham (or Borough or wherever), it's not important. Just keep a look out.

    Or you could cut it yourself (does no-one in halls cut hair? Exeter had a blackmarket in haircuts, but that's because the local places were dire). Scissors/clippers are fairly cheap and you'll improve with practice. Just remember it grows back.

     
  • At 6:12 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Ooh thanks for the tip. Mr Toppers - Dan was on about that, never heard of it.

    Per-lease tell me you are kidding.
    No way am I cutting it myself or trusting anyone in halls!

    And anyway, focus on the panic situation!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home