ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, February 17, 2007


I've needed a Kurta for like ages now, and espeically since going to uni and having more Indian events to attend, not having one has been a tad annoying.

As I'm back in Leicester for the weekend, mum took me Indian-Suit shopping.

First off, we went to Rupali, where I managed to find an amazingly nice one in red for surprisingly cheap (£30). I hadn't even considered red and only tried it on to get a fitting but it was so nice, and with a really rich/heavy design.

Unfortunately it didn't fit very well from the shoulders so I decided to check other places and comeback if I needed to.

We then went to Melton Road, and found a really nice, but more simple one in Black, with Gold embroidery over the shoulders and down the middle, and with a Gold Pacheri (shawl).

One thing I really hate about Indian shops is that it's impossible to just browse and shop peacefully. The keepers are obsessed with making a sale and hassle you so much.

I did like the black one but wanted to browse in some other shops for a more fancy one, especially after seeing that blingin' red one before, and after being told that if I came back I wouldn't be able to get it for the lowered price of £30 (yeah right!), I called the shop keepers bluff anyway and went up the road to Melton Road's infamous Saree Mandir (Saree Temple).

The sales assistant here showed us a few designs that they had in my size and my sister pointed out a bright blue one that I, to be honest, didn't think would be that nice.

I tried it on, and when I opened the fitting room door to show my sister, a man came over to ask me the size of it. He then told me how it looked really nice, and that's why he was asking.
And to add to that, when I stepped out into the store to show my mum, another lady came over to tell me how nice it looked, and then said how she was trying to convince her son to get one in a bright colour like that.

"Okaaay, well I guess this one's a winner", I thought.

It was a bargain too, made from raw silk and with a Pacheri thrown in all for £30. And, after that I also got the black one (for the lowered price as well)!

To finish off the outfits, I also bought a pair of Mojheri (Slippers) from the shop next door, in a Creamy-Gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home