ObscureAzure

Welcome to ObscureAzure, a slice of MindCake™ belonging to Azuric.

Saturday, June 10, 2006



Ohmygodohmygodohmagod!

I've just found the best website ever.
Its a guide to the best toy ever in the history of toys.

Brickset is a guide to all the Lego themes and sets ever produced.
How cool is that.
*Begins to reminisce*

I (used to) love Lego.
I used to sit there for hours building cities and space ships and bridges and lifts which could then collapse, and having car races, and alien wars.

I think it is possibly the best toy in the world.
Not only because its so fun and imaginative, but because it inspires children and develops their creativity.
Im going to buy my kids loads of Lego.

I grew up wanting to be any kind of engineer and still am fascinated with mordern urban architechture and general design.
I think a lot of that came from the chance to be so creative from such an early age.

I remember when I got my first ever Lego set *grins inanely*.
It was a big red bucket of general bricks that I got for Christmas from my uncle and aunt.

Wow, and from that I expanded to so many more sets. I think the only one that I really collected was the Lego Space: Exploriens.
I got the Exploriens Starship for a later Christmas and build up from there.

There's loads about Lego on Wikipedia, even BrickWiki - Lego's own encyclopedia.
How great.

Anyway, Im going to go now.
Maybe to watch TV.
Or read a book.
But what Im definately not going to do is fetch my box of Lego from under the bed in the spare room.
Nope, not me.
*Grins inanely*

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    Damn you! I have no Lego here. I want to play, I want to build, I want to get frustrated when they jam together, I want to make things collapse just so, I want to marvel at the incredibly small teeth marks (see the thing about frustration), I want to make car noises for the cars, I want feel the vibrations when they offroad, I want to stop mid race to put the detached pair of wheel back on, I want to build implausible houses like film sets, I want to have to brace the weak patchwork flat roofs, I want to meticulously match up bodies with unvarying legs and hair, I want to annoy my brother by building storeys six bricks high instead of five, I want to pop out the glass of the windows, I want to build cars from sloped roofs, I want the white man's right arm to always come off in my hands, I want to suddenly remember the sensation as the fire station collapsed beneath me, and feel the scar induced by the unremembered flying fire engine. But most of all I want to know why most of Europe has the Lego postal symbol on all their pillar-boxes.

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Hehe.
    *Pushes recovered Lego race car around desk*

    Build cars from sloped roofs?

    Oh, you mean the weird cornet/horn thingy?
    I forgot I had a postman.

    So which was your favourite theme then?

     
  • At 4:27 pm, Blogger Anyhoo said…

    *Narrows eyes*

    I was a bit early for themes; they were still making just cars, people, houses. And the cars used to be made from the same bricks as everything else, instead of pieces which you can only make to build an identical car (which sort of defeats the point of Lego).

    But while remembering I had some Lego pirates, I've just thought of the Lego boats; you know, the things with the keel stuck to the bottom, and which capsize as soon as it falls to the bottom of the bath with a thud.

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Azuric said…

    Hehehe.

    Oh yes I remember.

    I never actually had one with a proper boat shaped piece, although I do remember ones you could get that Lego claimed actually "Float!"

    Looking back I don't know why I wasn't so keen on pirates...or Castles.
    I seem to have more Space related stuff than anything else.
    And its a horrible feeling when you realise you have less Lego than you previously thought.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home